I don't see attachments

POP Peeper: Tech support, suggestions, discussion, etc.
j00

I don't see attachments

Post by j00 »

Hi.
It came to my attention the people send emails with attached pics to my outlook account and I don't see anything.
A friend of mine asked me if I saw a picture and I said no. Later I opened outlook.com and could see it.
Pop Peeper is blocking it.
Checked Tools > Options, Message retrieval, default retrieval options and selected 'entire message' for IMAP and webmail. No success.

Could you please say how to solve this?

POP Peeper v4.3
Jeff
Admin / Developer

Re: I don't see attachments

Post by Jeff »

Edit the account and make sure that the "server type" is set to "IMAP" (or POP3). Attachments are not supported if the server type is set to "Outlook/Hotmail".

After you change to Imap, be sure to also enable "Idle/push" on the bottom-right as this will improve several factors. And, optionally (but recommended), press the "Oauth2" button for improved login security.
Last edited by Jeff on Wed Jan 18, 2017 6:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Less confusing?
j00

Post by j00 »

It's a X @outlook.com account.
So you mean it's not possible to see any attachment? Why?
Jeff
Admin / Developer

Post by Jeff »

I suspect there's some misunderstanding on your part, as what I said in my first post suggests that it is possible. POP Peeper supports 3 ways to access Hotmail/Outlook: Webmail (which is represented by the servertype of "Outlook/Hotmail), IMAP and POP3. IMAP is the recommended method -- if you go into the create account wizard and enter an @outlook.com email address, you'll find that it defaults to IMAP.

Re-reading my original post, perhaps this was the statement I said that was confusing:
"Attachments are not supported if you're using "Outlook/Hotmail"."

I'll edit that to make it less confusing.
j00

Post by j00 »

Sorry.

Ok, now it's working.

Thank you so much. :D