URGENT - Most of my emails are corrupted!

POP Peeper: Tech support, suggestions, discussion, etc.
orshay

URGENT - Most of my emails are corrupted!

Post by orshay »

Hello
All my email, starting from 23 May and downwards seem to be corrupted.
I am attaching two screenshots, one of the mail headers list where the headers of all "corrupted" mails seem to have vanished.
The second screenshot shows the content of a typical "corrupted" email message.
HELP! I have important information contained in these emails.

All help is kindly appreciated.
thanks
Naty
Attachments
Vanished headers.jpg
corrupted content.jpg
mjs

Re: URGENT - Most of my emails are corrupted!

Post by mjs »

Hi there orshay, as a new member of the Forums we Esumsoft Team members would like to welcome you to the forum and recommend that you review the following Information for new users and forum members that provides new members a variety of resources including the steps to take if you experience any problems with POP Peeper.

In regards to your current issue, either Jeff or other members of the Esumsoft team will probably need to look into this further.

In the meantime can you please provide the following information:

1) Your Operating System?
2) What version of POP Peeper are you using? (found in "Help" > "About POP Peeper...")
3) Does this issue involve specific email accounts or all of your accounts? (i.e. which accounts have this problem (Hotmail/Outlook.com, Yahoo, Gmail etc?).
4) What email protocol are you using? (i.e. are you using Webmail, Server type = "Hotmail/Outlook", "Yahoo", "Gmail" etc., or are you using either IMAP or POP3).

Also, here are some things you could try in the meantime:
When reading the message try clicking on "File" > "Re-download message", do you get the message correctly?

Also you could try from the main PP window right-clicking on one of the affected messages and select "Remove from list" and then do a Mail Check (right-click on account and select "Check mail") and see if the message that you had removed (which will return to the inbox after the Mail check) displays correctly when you read the message.

You could try exiting POP Peeper and/or rebooting your computer to see if this helps.

If none of these suggestions help you could try creating another account using the same email address. First make sure you have have "Advanced options" enabled (checked) under "Tools" > "Options" > "General" tab, then right-click on the problematic account and select "Duplicate account..." and then test that account to see if the issue is resolved for that account. If this helps then let us know (you're database maybe corrupted) and we will followup on what to do in this case.
Good judgment comes from experience and a lot of that comes from bad judgment. - Will Rogers
orshay

Post by orshay »

Hi lakrsrool, thanks for your reply
I should have included this info in my original post, but here it is:

OS - Win 7 SP1
PP version 4.4 Pro
The issue involves one email account
This is a POP3 account

>>When reading the message try clicking on "File" > "Re-download message", do you get the message correctly?
YES!! this actually works and restores the message. (WHEW!!)

>>select "Remove from list" and then do a Mail Check (right-click on account and select "Check mail")
Yes, this also works, so basically all i have to do is select all "corrupted" messages, remove them from the list and recheck the account correct?

thanks a lot for your help and waiting for your confirmation
Naty
mjs

Post by mjs »

Yes, assuming you have multiple accounts, select the one account with the bad messages from the "View" all accounts drop-down list in the main POP Peeper interface so that only those messages that belong to this account are listed in the POP Peeper main inbox interface window then select the affected messages as a group by using the "shift" key and selecting the group of messages from the one end of the group to the other end (or if messages are not contiguous hold down the "CTRL" key and select affected messages individually) and then just right-click on that group of messages and select "Remove from list" from that context menu. You should then hopefully find that following the next "Mail check" (or just right-click on that account and do a "Check mail") that your messages will be back to normal.

Oh and please report back to us with your results. :D
Good judgment comes from experience and a lot of that comes from bad judgment. - Will Rogers
mjs

Post by mjs »

Btw, it just occurred to me that Jeff might want to take a look at one of these messages, so in the event you have not gotten around to "fixing" the impacted messages, if you don't mind perhaps you could leave just one of them the way it is just in case he might be interested in doing so.... :idea: :wink:
orshay

Post by orshay »

no problem, I will leave one of those bad boys as it is :)
Naty
Jeff
Admin / Developer

Post by Jeff »

orshay -- I've sent you an email.
orshay

Post by orshay »

Hi Jeff
just replied and sent you the db file via WeTransfer
Naty
orshay

Post by orshay »

Just wanted to thank you guys for the swift and efficient help!
Problem solved!
Naty