Email with emoji on Subject

POP Peeper: Tech support, suggestions, discussion, etc.
Miki

Email with emoji on Subject

Post by Miki »

Good morning,

I use POP Peeper 4.4.2 and I have a question about email with emoji on Subject.

With POP Peeper I see ?? but when I download with Outlook 2013 I can see the emoji
I have attached an example on POP Peeper and Outlook.

I use Windows 10 Home 1703

Best Regards

Miki
Attachments
PopPeeper.png
mjs

Re: Email with emoji on Subject

Post by mjs »

Good morning Miki,

As a new member of the Forums allow me to welcome you in behalf of the Esumsoft Team and with that would like to say that we would recommend you review the following Sticky when you have the time: Information for new users and forum members. This link provides important information about the Forums and POP Peeper along with many other additional helpful resources. :wink:

As to your issue, to help us out please answer a few questions. - Please refer to Jeff's post below.

1) What protocol do you use for your account(s) in POP Peeper (what "Server type" are you using i.e. IMAP, POP3, Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail/Outlook etc)?

2) What is your "Default message viewing preference" set at under "Tools" > "Options" > "View Messages" (example interface below).
[attachment=1]View Messages example.png[/attachment]3) And lastly, what is the specific accounts "Retrieval option" set at that has the issue? (Edit the account, right-click on account and select "Edit account...", select "Advanced" to find this. If you do not see the "Advanced" option in the left pane of the interface then go to "Tools > "Options" > "General" and enable "Advanced options", that is make sure "Advanced options toward the top of the interface is checked). [attachment=0]Account Retrieval option example.png[/attachment] Thanks for the additional information :D
Attachments
Advanced interface example
Advanced interface example
View Messages example.png
Last edited by mjs on Mon Jul 24, 2017 8:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Edited for correction to reference subsequent post
Good judgment comes from experience and a lot of that comes from bad judgment. - Will Rogers
Jeff
Admin / Developer

Post by Jeff »

POP Peeper has issues displaying some unicode characters and in such cases, the characters will get replaced with question marks. This is on the todo list.
Miki

Post by Miki »

lakrsrool wrote:Good morning Miki,

As a new member of the Forums allow me to welcome you in behalf of the Esumsoft Team and with that would like to say that we would recommend you review the following Sticky when you have the time: Information for new users and forum members. This link provides important information about the Forums and POP Peeper along with many other additional helpful resources. :wink:

As to your issue, to help us out please answer a few questions. - Please refer to Jeff's post below.
Good morning lakrsrool,

thanks for all informations ... I have read all Sticky posts and searched on the forum.
All informations was usefull but not solved my problem :wink:
Jeff wrote:POP Peeper has issues displaying some unicode characters and in such cases, the characters will get replaced with question marks. This is on the todo list.
Good morning Jeff,

a little additional note: I have the "question marks" only with all emoji
Here some others examples: http://www.emailmarketingtipps.de/2015/ ... eat-sheet/
I cannot view on PP all those emoji ... I'll wait a new version for this diplay issue fixed :)

Thanks and best regards

Miki