not seeing Hotmail, but no error messages

POP Peeper: Tech support, suggestions, discussion, etc.
ws3333

not seeing Hotmail, but no error messages

Post by ws3333 »

PP 4.4.0.0 with three Hotmail accounts (among others)
Two are Hotmail/Outlook (switched from IMAP during the long outage) and are showing no mail at all, new or old, but no error messages. When I go online, there is new mail.

The third is IMAP, and does not have this issue.

Anything I can do? Thanks,
spc3rd

Re: not seeing Hotmail, but no error messages

Post by spc3rd »

Hi ws3333,

Sorry to hear of the issue you are having with the two Hotmail/Outlook accounts using Webmail access.

One question for you: When you look at the two problem accounts in the Account List on the left side of the PP interface, what numerical values are being shown in the columns (to the right of the account names) entitled, "UNREAD" and "NEW"?

Since you've indicated the problem is not occurring with the one Hotmail/Outlook account using the IMAP protocol, I would recommend you change the two problematic accounts in PP back to use IMAP instead of Webmail access, as you originally did, and see if doing so resolves the problem.

[NOTE]: If you are using [Oauth2], and after changing the 2 problematic accounts from Webmail to IMAP you happen to receive an error message similar to the following:

--- Error ---
Hotmail1 [1000: IMAP] ['imap-mail.outlook.com' (993) SSL: 1] [Smtp: 'smtp-mail.outlook.com' (587) SSL: 2] [Consec: 3]
- Error (OAuthAccess empty)

you will need to re-authorize POP Peeper to access the account(s). To do so, just EDIT the account(s), click on the [Oauth2] button shown on the right side of the page and complete the process.

Please post back and let us know if switching the 2 problematic accounts to IMAP enables you to receive the messages in PP. Should you encounter any problems, let us know, including the complete text of any error messages you receive in PP.

Other members of The Esumsoft Team should be dropping-by later to further review your topic and provide additional feedback.

Best regards,
Global Moderator
ws3333

Post by ws3333 »

Unread says 0, no digit at all for New

I'll think about the suggestion to switch, I'm getting pretty tired of switching between modes on accounts with a lot of emails.
MegaMatt

Post by MegaMatt »

Hi,
I have the same problem as described above exactly, with 0 under unread, and nothing in the new column, except it is on my Yahoo account -- there are no old mails showing up at all, and no new mails show up. When I log in to yahoo, it's all there. This is one account out of 5 that I have.. and the others work fine.. There's no errors with Yahoo too, but it just doesn't show any of the mail.

Is there anything we can do to fix it?
mjs

Post by mjs »

Hi MegaMatt, Please provide answers to a few questions:

What version of POP Peeper are you using?

What email protocol are you using for this account (that is what is the "Server type" set at in POP Peeper , i.e. IMAP, POP3, Yahoo)?

What ISP service do you use?

And finally what Operating System do you have?

Thanks for the additional information. :D
Good judgment comes from experience and a lot of that comes from bad judgment. - Will Rogers
Jeff
Admin / Developer

Post by Jeff »

The issue for Yahoo should be fixed with WebMail v4.4.5. To update immediately:
- From POP Peeper's main menu, select Help / About
- Make sure that both "automatically check for updates" and "auto-update webmail plugin" are enabled
- Press "Check version"
-> make sure that the "current" column updates to v4.4.5 for webmail; you may need to restart POP Peeper

The primary reason for this webmail update is to support the new Yahoo interface. The 0 messages issue is separate (it happens when Yahoo wants you to confirm your backup options) and *should* be fixed. However, because it happens randomly I was unable to reproduce it in order to confirm the fix; so let me know if you see it again after upgrading to v4.4.5.
MegaMatt

Post by MegaMatt »

I still see this problem using webmail and 4.4.5.. Maybe it's because the only IE installed on my machine is old - like you mentioned in the previous thread?

I'll see if I can update the IE that WINE is using.
MegaMatt

Post by MegaMatt »

So, I still have this problem even after updating Wine. At least now I can use the IMAP w/ Oauth button though... but WebMail doesn't work properly.
Jeff
Admin / Developer

Post by Jeff »

WINE's integrated IE support is based on old technology which has been phased out and that's why most data communication that requires https (such as oauth2 and most webmail services) will fail. If you stick with IMAP/POP3/SMTP using SSL/TLS (but not OAuth2), you should be fine.