3 different date style formats showing ...

POP Peeper: Tech support, suggestions, discussion, etc.
Mitchell

3 different date style formats showing ...

Post by Mitchell »

Hello,

I'm back to POP Peeper from a few months away on another OS (due to PC dying and trying to wring every last bit of use from it before it crashed completely! <g>). I'm on Windows 10 which is a new OS for me. I'm finding that with the PP that I just dl, that there are 3 different date formats showing under the date column, something I've never had happen before.

I have these 3 types of date displays so far:

2016.05.24.Tue
2016.05.24.Tue 8:03 A.M.
Sat 5/21/16

The first is in accordance with the date style that I put in the Regional settings for the short date. But the second comes up with a time that I don't use (I use HHhmm, where the 8:03 A.M. above would come out like this: 08h03). And then there's the Sat 5/21/16 style coming out of left field, too. I'm stumped as to what's going on and why there is more than one date style.

When I sort by date, the emails no longer sort chronologically as they did before this version of PP or OS so it's a pain esp. since once I get all my accounts into PP again, manually as I lost the data last year, I'll have literally hundreds of emails to go through in the last year! <yikes> <g>

Does anyone know how this can be fixed so that only one, single date and time format is used?

Thanks so much in advance! Appreciate it.
Jeff
Admin / Developer

Re: 3 different date style formats showing ...

Post by Jeff »

It sounds like POP Peeper is not able to correctly parse the date formats coming from the server; this can happen if you're using WebMail to access the accounts, and especially if you're using custom formats.

The best thing to do -- all around -- is to avoid using Webmail. I'm guessing that you're probably using an old ini file from back when you used POP Peeper before, and back when POP Peeper would default to using WebMail. Many services (GMail, Hotmail, Yahoo) provide IMAP support now so if it's one of those, you can edit the account and change the server type to "IMAP" and POP Peeper (v4+) will adjust the necessary settings.