POP Peeper FAQ
Why aren't messages being removed from POP Peeper after I open my email client?
- Edit the account (right-click on the account in the account listing and select "edit")
- Click on the advanced tab *
- Check the option Remove Messages not on Server ON
- Click on the Update button
- Deleted messages that are currently in POP Peeper (with Red-X) will be removed on the next Mail Check, or you can 'Delete' them immediately
Your email client may not be configured to delete messages after they're downloaded.
Thunderbird: Tools / Account Settings / Server Settings / Uncheck "leave messages on server"
Windows Live Mail: Tools / Accounts / Properties / Advanced tab / Uncheck "Leave a copy of messages on server"
Outlook: File / Account Settings / Change / More Settings / Advanced / Uncheck "Leave a copy of messages on the server"
Outlook Express: Tools / Accounts / Mail tab / Properties / Advanced / Uncheck "Leave a copy of messages on server"
If you are sure that your email client is deleting messages -- and POP Peeper shows these messages with a Red-X -- take the following steps:
* - You must enable advanced options to access this page, which is available on the "General" tab of the main Options.