mssgs into DRAFT not indicated

henry66

mssgs into DRAFT not indicated

Post by henry66 »

when composing a mssg, or answering one, it comes up in a separate, movable and resizeable window - nice.

but when putting this mssg then into DRAFT, this is not indicated anywhere that this was done (as it used to be, bottom left). one has to actually move into DRAFT to find it there - rather inconvenient.

greets - heinz
mjs

Re: mssgs into DRAFT not indicated

Post by mjs »

From within either the "Compose" or "Reply" windows - if I go to "File" > "Save Draft": I will then get a message in the status line at the bottom of either window that says "Your message as been saved as a draft" and I will then find that message saved as a draft by going from the "Inbox" tab to the "Draft" tab from within the PP main window.

Do you get this same result if you follow the same procedure referenced above?
Good judgment comes from experience and a lot of that comes from bad judgment. - Will Rogers
henry66

Post by henry66 »

easy to answer this: this is exactly the procedure i follow, and this is exactly the mssg i am missing - it simply is not there.

and there is no differene between FILE -> SAVE DRAFT or the more direct DRAFT button on the top left.

what difference can there be between you and me (WIN 10prof 2009)? but naturally, your better looks (avatar) ...

greets - heinz -
mjs

Post by mjs »

So to clarify -- the problem is that you do not see this getting displayed at the bottom of the PP windows after saving messages to draft?:
You do not see this message in the status bar.png
You do not see this message in the status bar.png (3.65 KiB) Viewed 22231 times
I wouldn't think the OS would be the cause frankly (FWIW -- I'm using Windows 10 Home Version 1909 build 18363.900) and I would also assume that the PP version would not impact this outcome either (for the record on that point I'm using PP beta21 - presumably you are using the same).

I can't imagine why this message would be missing (when saving draft messages) as it is in your case.... Have you tried exiting and restarting PP?
Good judgment comes from experience and a lot of that comes from bad judgment. - Will Rogers
henry66

Post by henry66 »

yes again, thats the missing mssg. i am using the same PP v5.0 Beta 21. and if i go back to the older 4.5, the mssg is there!

existing /restarting? many times.

greets - heinz -
Jeff
Admin / Developer

Post by Jeff »

This has been fixed for b22.

The problem would occur when the PP Theme is disabled.
mjs

Post by mjs »

^ Can you elaborate Jeff -- I'm using a theme and the message does display for me.

Oh wait -- you said "disabled" (not "displayed" as I read it initially) -- what does that mean? :?
Last edited by mjs on Tue Jul 07, 2020 2:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: edited to correct post
mjs

Post by mjs »

Never mind - Jeff. I get it (epiphany) :idea: - it occurs when a user is not using a PP Theme (i.e. "Windows Default" Theme = PP Theme "Disabled").
henry66

Post by henry66 »

yes, found this out last night too: using the standard theme (light) there is no mssg, switching over to dark , and it is there.

but where to find b22? when i try UPDATE, it says ''no newer version found''.

greetings - heinz -
mjs

Post by mjs »

henry66, The Draft message works for the Default (Disabled) theme now (using beta22).
mjs

Post by mjs »

henry66 wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 9:21 am ... but where to find b22? when i try UPDATE, it says ''no newer version found''.
Beta22 had not been released until today at 3:04PM PST.
Please refer to Jeff's post below regarding the expected release of beta22 (sorry for any confusion I've caused :oops:).
Last edited by mjs on Wed Jul 08, 2020 11:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Edited to add additional clarification
Protocol

Post by Protocol »

lakrsrool wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 8:18 pm
henry66 wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 9:21 am ... but where to find b22? when i try UPDATE, it says ''no newer version found''.
Beta22 had not been released until today at 3:04PM PST.
That is a very precise time. 😃
mjs

Post by mjs »

^ The precise time was for the benefit of henry66 -- since he had posted a comment on this "Update" subject (earlier) this same day (7-8-20) today.

Protocol -- were you able to update to beta22? And if so -- is everything working OK now?

As to the beta22 update -- if the same procedure you have been using to update beta releases in the past is not working as usual then perhaps this current beta22 has not yet been released to all beta users as of this time (I'm personally not entirely sure how this all works regarding beta releases myself). Beyond what I've surmised would be the reason in the event you are not able to update to beta22 -- Jeff would have to provide additional feedback on this.

As highlighted above -- this is the situation -- Jeff has provided further clarity on the situation in the following post (sorry for the confusion).
Last edited by mjs on Sat Jul 11, 2020 3:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jeff
Admin / Developer

Post by Jeff »

b22 will be available by Monday/Tuesday and probably sooner if nothing too exceptional comes up.
Protocol

Post by Protocol »

OK. Thanks guys. 👍
henry66

Post by henry66 »

thanks - now it makes sense.

greetings - heinz -