Links not working

KnightLord

Links not working

Post by KnightLord »

Jeff,

I installed the beta a few hours ago and have been playing with it.
I am using 5.0 Beta 22 on a Windows 64 machine.

So far I only saw two issues. I will report them in separate topics.

ISSUE #1
Links in messages are not working. Every time I click on a link, nothing happens.
I have to manually copy the shortcut and open it on the browser directly.
Jeff
Admin / Developer

Re: Links not working

Post by Jeff »

I don't think that this behavior (ie. any relevant code) has changed since v4, and I can assure you that it does work in general.

A few ideas, though:
1) Make sure that your default browser is setup correctly in Windows (ie. if you type https://www.esumsoft.com/ into the Windows Run Prompt, does it work?)

2) Have you overridden PP to use a webbrowser that isn't valid -- main menu: Tools / Options / PPtweaker / Misc2

3) The other day (yesterday, perhaps), I thought the same thing. It turns out that an existing browser window was getting all the links and it was behind other windows and didn't come to the front as normal; but there were several new tabs in the browser all opened to the same link that I had repeatedly clicked in PP. This is not a PP issue; the only thing PP does is tell Windows to open the URL, after that, it's up to Windows and the webbrowser. fwiw, I use Firefox, and when I opened this forum topic from POP Peeper, it worked as expected (ie. it opened a new tab in an existing Firefox window, and it came to the front).
KnightLord

Re: Links not working

Post by KnightLord »

Jeff,

I don't think it was the case as other programs were able to capture the browser.
But whatever it was, rebooting the computer fixed it. No longer an issue.

THANKS