4.4 won't run in user login?

POP Peeper: Tech support, suggestions, discussion, etc.
ws3333

4.4 won't run in user login?

Post by ws3333 »

Downloaded 4.4 with Plus Pack, installed from within User login. Will run if I right click and Run as Administrator, but will not run as User (which is where all accounts are). Does it need to rebooted, or what?
Thanks much
ws3333

Re: 4.4 won't run in user login?

Post by ws3333 »

reboot didn't work, so now I have no Pop Peeper - what now?

Incidentally, my install went like this. The Plus Pack page said to download PP from a link. Did that and got a .zip file. Cut all previous version files and moved to a backup directory, then put the .zip files in the Pop Peeper directory. Then ran the Plus Pack installer.
mjs

Post by mjs »

Please read Jeff's post HERE.

You can download v4.4 HERE. This was posted in the POP Peeper v4.4 released announcement :wink:
Good judgment comes from experience and a lot of that comes from bad judgment. - Will Rogers
Jeff
Admin / Developer

Post by Jeff »

Windows can do strange things if you copy files from an archive (zip file) and place them into a protected/UAC folder (like "Program Files"). One of the files included in the email you received from the Product Request is a "full" install (Pro + Plus Pack) which I recommend using; if you are installing to "Program Files" it's better to use the exe installation rather than zip.