Max number of Accounts (PPfree) ?

POP Peeper: Tech support, suggestions, discussion, etc.
akm

Max number of Accounts (PPfree) ?

Post by akm »

Tried to find under 'Help' menu button but not sure where to look for the maximum number of 'Accounts' that may be created with PopPeeper (free version).
Where to look ?
Thank you.
Thanks again for your help !
akm (PPv4.5.3,W10,FFox,Office2003,Mbam,Privatefirewall,Avast)
mjs

Re: Max number of Accounts (PPfree) ?

Post by mjs »

I'm not aware of any imposed "max" number.

Also there is no difference in regards to the Free versus Pro version that I'm aware of either.

Personally I have 51 accounts (if I'm not mistaken there are users with more than that).

How may accounts do you have in mind?

Considering that I'm assuming you are not speaking in terms of many 100's of accounts -- I'm presuming this should not be an issue for you. :wink:
Good judgment comes from experience and a lot of that comes from bad judgment. - Will Rogers
akm

Post by akm »

lakrsrool
Thank you for the followup info !
We have 27 accounts (some not active, ie check-box unchecked), so it sounds like all that should be ok.
We are having some issues with a couple active accounts, and just wanted to make sure the number of accounts is not an issue.
Thanks again for your help.
Alan
Thanks again for your help !
akm (PPv4.5.3,W10,FFox,Office2003,Mbam,Privatefirewall,Avast)
mjs

Post by mjs »

Are the couple of accounts with issues either Yahoo or Gmail?

Currently if you are using the "Webmail" protocol for Yahoo ("Server type" set to "Yahoo") then you may get errors (I am currently getting persistent "Try again later. (-1004)" errors for Yahoo "Webmail" accounts throughout the day). On way to resolve this would be to change to "IMAP" for your "Server type" setting (all other relevant settings for this protocol will get set automatically when doing this if you are using PPv4+.)

ADDENDUM UPDATE: The Yahoo "Webmail" (-1004) errors have been addressed via a new PP Webmail plugin update recently released so the strike-out comments above regarding this specific error no longer apply.
Last edited by mjs on Sun Dec 15, 2019 2:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Edited due to the update to the PP Webmail Plugin to fix the most recent Yahoo "-1004" errors.
Good judgment comes from experience and a lot of that comes from bad judgment. - Will Rogers