Can't batch detach files

POP Peeper: Tech support, suggestions, discussion, etc.
dtemple

Can't batch detach files

Post by dtemple »

When receiving emails with multiple attachments, the -Save All Attachments- feature is not working. I am getting error messages, "An error occurred when trying to save this file."

If I try to save each file individually, I am able to do that.

Does anyone have an idea what might be causing this? I am running Windows 10 on a desktop, no issues with file space that I'm aware of.

thank you,
D Temple
spc3rd

Re: Can't batch detach files

Post by spc3rd »

Hello dtemple,

Sorry to hear of the problem you are having.
To provide the most effective help, please post back with the complete text of the error message(s) you are receiving by following the instructions in the Sticky below:

PP error messages: How to view them & copy/paste into your post

Also, did the "Save All Attachments" function work for you previously?

Other members of the The Esumsoft Team will be reviewing the issue you are having. The error message text will help us assist you better.

Thank you & best regards.
Global Moderator
mjs

Post by mjs »

For the record - I just did a test with 2 attachments and the "- Save all attachments - " worked flawlessly for me.

Besides posting what Pete (spc3rd) has requested above dtemple.

Please let us know what type of attachments are involved (the file types - characters after the "." in the file names)?

And the number of attachments involved?

Also what version of POP Peeper are you using (from main window "Help">"About POP Peeper..." to get this).

Thanks.

Btw, I am running Windows 10 on a desktop as well (but I doubt this is a factor).
Good judgment comes from experience and a lot of that comes from bad judgment. - Will Rogers
Jeff
Admin / Developer

Post by Jeff »

For the record, someone else reported this via email soon after v5 was released (but stated the problem occurred i v4.5); unfortunately, not much information was obtained so I don't have any leads right now.

To help track down the cause, or a way to duplicate, can you let us know:
- What AntiVirus do you use? Or any other similar programs that may scan files.
- When you do a save-all, do some files save, or do they all fail?
-- if some save, if you repeatedly do a save-all, will it save more each time?
- Is there anything significant about the files that cannot save -- large file size, they have non-ascii text in the filenames, etc.?