Access to Remote Folders (Spam, Trash, custom) { setup

POP Peeper: Tech support, suggestions, discussion, etc.
JRF

Access to Remote Folders (Spam, Trash, custom) { setup

Post by JRF »

(update 13 May 2012 : clarifications "Advanced options" & FAQ , betterments)

For IMAP accounts , and (WebMail) Hotmail and Yahoo accounts ,
PP may retrieve/delete messages in remote folders (Spam , Sent , custom folder , other) .

>>> Define a separate PP account to access each remote folder (steps #1 to #5 below) <<<

[ for advanced users : this FAQ contains the instructions in a narrative/concise way ]

Requirements : PP 3.8+ and PP Premium Add-on Pack v3+ .
Download pages : POP Peeper , and PP Premium Add-on Pack for licensed users .
........................................................................................................

POP Peeper setup for remote folder access (on PP main window) :

1- this is a one time setting :
-- click (menu)Tools , select Options , General tab , mark Advanced options , click OK .

2- for each remote folder you want to access :
-- right-click over the original account-name , select Duplicate account , click Close , then

3- for IMAP accounts only :
-- click IMAP Folders , click Refresh , click over the folder-name you want (*) , click Select ,

4- for (WebMail) Hotmail and Yahoo accounts only :
-- in the box Folder type the folder-name you want (copy from the Server folder list) (*) ,

5- click Update .

(*) Yahoo accounts : Bulk Mail is the folder-name for the Spam folder .
........................................................................................................

Optionally make other changes to the new account (editing it) , like :

-- add (type) the folder-name in the box Account Name , e.g. " Gmail-ABC(Spam) " .

-- to manually checkmail the new account : UNmark the box Enabled ,
or to Auto-Check it more seldom : Advanced tab , change the Polling Interval .

-- to retrieve less lines per msg on the new account : Advanced tab , box Retrieval Option :
select Headers or Preview .
• (PP + IMAP + Send)=381 Web=3808 PPT=38 SSL=1005 Voice=3 Chime=3 Skin=36 PP-Add-on-Pack=3 • XPproSP3 • Fx=1301 Opera=1162 [IE=80] • Online-Armor=5501616 • CPU=1.2GHz • RAM=2.5GB •
john82

Re: Access to Remote Folders (Spam, Trash, custom) { setup

Post by john82 »

Hi I have POPPeeper 3.8.1 and the latest ad-on pack just pearchest it today. and I tryed toget this remote folder things towork but don't see anythingg like whats listed here under options genral. so just where do I go to do this? Ihave 1 gmial acount and 2 hotmail acounts and was hopping I would beable to see theremote folders by geting the a-on pack but so far I not bin able to get this towork at all
Jeff
Admin / Developer

Post by Jeff »

john82 -- The instructions provided by JRF are very specific and tell you exactly what you need to do. The only relevant option that's under Options / General (step #1) is the "Advanced Options" setting. If you follow the steps exactly, it should work.

Alternatively, here is another variation of accomplishing the same thing:
http://www.poppeeper.com/faq.php?q=aop_folders
JRF

Post by JRF »

Updated the main (first) post above , thanks to Jeff comments .
• (PP + IMAP + Send)=381 Web=3808 PPT=38 SSL=1005 Voice=3 Chime=3 Skin=36 PP-Add-on-Pack=3 • XPproSP3 • Fx=1301 Opera=1162 [IE=80] • Online-Armor=5501616 • CPU=1.2GHz • RAM=2.5GB •
gsche

Post by gsche »

(*) Yahoo accounts : Bulk Mail is the folder-name for the Spam folder .
Hello, I'm a user of yahoo mail in spanish languaje.
I have two accounts, one is.com and the other is com.ar, anybody knows the foldar-name for Trash in this languaje option?
Thanks!
Jeff
Admin / Developer

Post by Jeff »

I changed my Yahoo account to use Spanish, where "Papelera" is the equivalent of "Trash" (in the Yahoo interface). Papelera doesn't work, but using "Trash" (no quotes) does work.