Keeps telling me to check my Yahoo name and password

POP Peeper: Tech support, suggestions, discussion, etc.
wildchild1954

Keeps telling me to check my Yahoo name and password

Post by wildchild1954 »

My poppeeper updated to the (to me anyway) totally useless Pro version and ever since I cannot access my Yahoo account from there. All I can get is the following: Login Error: Check your Login Name and Password.

This is the error file from my clipboard:
--- Version ---
POP Peeper: 4.0.1.0
Webmail: 4.0.14.0
SSL:
IMAP: 4.0.1.0
SendMail: 4.0.1.0
AntiJunk: 4.0.1.0
Spell Checker: 4.0.1.0
Web of Trust: 4.0.1.0

--- Web Test ---
Result: 200
Error:
Time: 11:08:59 - 11:08:59 (0 s) (-0600)
Data: Wed, 22 Apr 2015 10:08:52 -0700

--- Error ---
wildchild [3: Yahoo] ['' (0) SSL: 0] [WebSend: '' (0) SSL: 0]
Login Error: Check your Login Name and Password.

Considering I can log in and out of my Yahoo email account on the web with no problems this is getting way past annoying. I had no problems with my original PopPeeper program At six AM this morning it checked my email just fine. NOW all I can get is an error since it updated to this useless "Pro" version. Can someone tell me how to fix this and get rid of the "Pro"?
mjs

Re: Keeps telling me to check my Yahoo name and password

Post by mjs »

Did you verify that your password for this account was what it should be in PP?
Good judgment comes from experience and a lot of that comes from bad judgment. - Will Rogers
spc3rd

Post by spc3rd »

Hi wildchild1954,

I have already contacted Jeff about the issue you're reporting. He should be along later to review your post.

Best regards,
Global Moderator
wildchild1954

Post by wildchild1954 »

lakrsrool wrote:Did you verify that your password for this account was what it should be in PP?
No offense meant to you but I'm not that stupid. Of course I checked it in PopPeeper. I confirmed the password three times as a matter of fact.
wildchild1954

Post by wildchild1954 »

spc3rd wrote:Hi wildchild1954,

I have already contacted Jeff about the issue you're reporting. He should be along later to review your post.

Best regards,
I also forgot to mention that since the update there is no such folder anywhere in my program files titled PopPeeper. It's not there under Start, All Programs, it does not show up in my little area on the taskbar for programs that are supposed to start when I start the computer anymore, as a matter of fact the only file I can find is the downloaded webmail update I tried. And I have deleted that file. So I can't even find the da**ed program anymore.
spc3rd

Post by spc3rd »

Thank you for posting back with the additional info, wildchild1954.

In the interim, until Jeff has a chance to review your issues, please post back with which operating system you are using.

(For lakrsrool): There's a PM for you.

Thanks & best regards,
Global Moderator
Jeff
Admin / Developer

Post by Jeff »

The easiest way to get you back going again would be to switch the account to access Yahoo using IMAP instead of WebMail, that way POP Peeper doesn't have to rely on the inconsistent nature of Yahoo's webmail service. Simply edit the account and change the "server type" to IMAP.

If you cannot use IMAP for some reason, please email me so that we can troubleshoot it.
wildchild1954

Post by wildchild1954 »

Jeff I don't know if I can use IMAP or not but when editing the Yahoo account and changing the server type to IMAP it tells me that I also have to fill in the incoming server. I have no idea in Hades what that is. I do know that my internet server is Charter if that helps any!

Oh, and my OS is Windows 7 Home Premium, Service Pack 1
mjs

Post by mjs »

wildchild1954 wrote:Jeff I don't know if I can use IMAP or not but when editing the Yahoo account and changing the server type to IMAP it tells me that I also have to fill in the incoming server. I have no idea in Hades what that is. I do know that my internet server is Charter if that helps any!

Oh, and my OS is Windows 7 Home Premium, Service Pack 1
PP should have filled in the server for you for PPv4. Try "imap.mail.yahoo.com" (see full setup instructions below). Btw, outgoing server in the "Send mail" tab should be "smtp.mail.yahoo.com" (with "Send option" set to "SMTP" and you need to use "SSL" in both cases).

To help out if you look in PP FAQ for setting Yahoo to IMAP you will see the full setup as posted below under Server Settings, SEE LINK HERE: CLICK ON Yahoo: IMAP / SMTP

After clicking on "Yahoo: IMAP / SMTP" you will find the following:

Note: Yahoo requires an SSL connection, and you must install the SSL plugin if it's not already installed

Incoming Mail Settings:
Login Name: Full email address
Server Type:
IMAP
Server: imap.mail.yahoo.com
SSL
(TLS/SSL is required)
Port: 993 (if using TLS: 143)
Idle: optional

Send Mail Settings:
Reply Option:
SMTP
Server: smtp.mail.yahoo.com
SSL required

Port: 465
Server Requires Authentication: Enabled

(Note: You will find SSL plugin instructions in POP Peeper Plugins, that is if you don't already have it installed of course).

FYI, the OS (WIN7) or Internet Provider (Charter) doesn't matter regarding "SMTP", the issue would only arise if your were using an environment that does not allow "SMTP" i.e. at work for example (if you're at home no problem)
Good judgment comes from experience and a lot of that comes from bad judgment. - Will Rogers
PT268

Re: Keeps telling me to check my Yahoo name and ps assword

Post by PT268 »

#MBR1212 Incorrect username or password error?

Hello - I was seeing the same error for only some of my Yahoo accounts. I checked the Webmail version etc. as per previous instructions and updated my mail settings to IMAP for the affected accounts but there is now a slightly different error message:

*I have also logged in manually and my usernames/passwords are correct.

--- Version ---
POP Peeper: 4.0.1.0
Webmail: 4.0.14.0
SSL: 1.0.1.8
IMAP: 4.0.1.0
SendMail: 4.0.1.0

--- Error ---
xxxxxxxxxxxx yahoo [1000: IMAP] ['imap.mail.yahoo.com' (993) SSL: 1] [Smtp: 'smtp.mail.yahoo.com' (465) SSL: 1]
Login Error ([AUTHENTICATIONFAILED] #MBR1212 Incorrect username or password.)

xxxx rocketmail [1000: IMAP] [' imap.mail.yahoo.com' (993) SSL: 1] [Smtp: 'smtp.mail.yahoo.com' (465) SSL: 1]

xxxxxx rocketmail [1000: IMAP] ['imap.mail.yahoo.com' (993) SSL: 1] [Smtp: 'smtp.mail.yahoo.com' (465) SSL: 1]
mjs

Post by mjs »

PT268, here is another forum discussion possibly related to your issue, LINK: CLICK HERE. This may not actually apply in your case of course but it may be worth a look.

One other question that is actually not likely a factor but may be worth asking; Do you have "Server requires authentication" checked in the "Send Mail" tab for the accounts in PP that are impacted with this error?
PT268

Post by PT268 »

Thanks very much, lakrsrool - the solution in that forum worked!!!

P.S. I did have "Server requires authentication" checked in the "Send Mail" tab for the impacted accounts.