v. 4 installation issue

POP Peeper: Tech support, suggestions, discussion, etc.
omegatx

v. 4 installation issue

Post by omegatx »

I purchased v4 Pro version with the ad in packs. The install appeared to go ok. The new serial number was verified. However, v 3 opens when I click the .exe file. I am clicking the exe file in the program folder. I have attached screen shots of the version info under HELP.

Order ID: [Info removed for security reasons]
POP Peeper Bundle
$29.95
POP Peeper Pro
POP Peeper Plus Pack
Your POP Peeper Pro License [Info removed for security reasons]
License To: [Info removed for security reasons]
Email address: [Info removed for security reasons]

Your POP Peeper Plus Pack License

Any thoughts? Thanks... Paul...
---
Last edited by spc3rd on Wed Apr 22, 2015 5:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Post edited to remove sensitive information for security reasons.
spc3rd

Re: v. 4 installation issue

Post by spc3rd »

Hi Paul,

I have edited your topic post and removed the sensitive information, including your name and email address, for security reasons and to prevent harvesting by spambots. I have removed the screenshots you provided for the same reasons.

Thank you and best regards,
Global Moderator
Jeff
Admin / Developer

Post by Jeff »

As Pete mentioned, please do not include this type of information in a public forum. Pete did the right thing to remove these details (Thank you!), but now I cannot see the details to answer your question.

Are the references to "v3" in the "Current" or the "Latest" column?

If it's in the "Latest" -- just press the "Check Version" button below the list to update everything. It should do this automatically, eventually.
omegatx

Post by omegatx »

I will repeat my question and install issue. I had v 3.8.1. I purchased the v.4 Plus Pack, went through the install process and the process appeared to finish properly including asking me to verify the serial number which I inserted. When I clicked the "start pop peeper" button after the install, the app opened v 3.8.1 When I click the .exe file in the pop peeper directory, it opens v 3.8.1, showing no sign the update occurred. I have continued to use the app with the same v3.8.1 results.

Did I do something wrong via the install? The file I downloaded and installed was POPPeeper_PlusPack-Install.exe.

Thanks... Paul...
---
Jeff
Admin / Developer

Post by Jeff »

Ah, ok, that last line clears up the mystery. The file that you installed:
POPPeeper_PlusPack-Install.exe
is ONLY the Plus Pack and does not include the base POP Peeper program. There is a download link in the same email where you got that download link which contains both POP Peeper Pro v4 and the Plus Pack, which is what you'll want to install (it's the 3rd download link and the filename will be 'POPPeeperProPlus-Install_v401.exe' [notice the inclusion of 'Pro' in the filename]). If you don't have that email, or if the download links have expired, you can request it again:
http://www.esumsoft.com/productrequest/
omegatx

Post by omegatx »

I am sorry to report the email link I received after the purchase sends me to a link that gives me - POPPeeper_PlusPack-Install.exe, the same file I used to do the install that we are discussing. I received three emails. The first contained the download link for POPPeeper_PlusPack-Install.exe. The second email was my receipt. The third email contained my license key and a link to download the key in the future. There was never a link that allowed me to download POPPeeperProPlus-Install_v401.exe. How can I get that file? Thanks... Paul...
---
omegatx

Post by omegatx »

I requested the Pro Pack software and received an email with three links. The last link is for POPPeeperProPlus-Install_v401.exe.

Perhaps I missed that email earlier, but only could locate the three emails I referenced earlier. Looks like I am set. Thanks... Paul... :D
---
Jeff
Admin / Developer

Post by Jeff »

Sorry for the confusion Paul; I certainly didn't help clarify the situation. Yes, the emails that you receive from the original order do not include the Pro/Plus bundled installation file; for that download, you need to include the Product Request. Glad you figured it out, despite my misdirection...
omegatx

Post by omegatx »

BTW, really like the improvements. Congrats on a great app. Besides the clean and intuitive GUI, I love the low resources. Like I said, I check 20 some addresses each time and it usually completes the headers in about 5-10 seconds. The delete is also just as fast.

Great product... Paul...
---