email in blacklist and whitelist at the same time

POP Peeper: Tech support, suggestions, discussion, etc.
scanreg

email in blacklist and whitelist at the same time

Post by scanreg »

pp 4.0.1

i was able to put the same email address into both the blacklist and whitelist, it's in both lists at the same time

not sure of the sequence of moves that allowed this but wanted to mention this issue, i'm assuming this would be considered a bug since an email addy should not be in both simultaneously

hth

thanks
Jeff
Admin / Developer

Re: email in blacklist and whitelist at the same time

Post by Jeff »

Do you have *any* guess as to the sequence of events? POP Peeper should prompt you when this is about to happen, but it will allow it if you tell it to.

There are several ways an email address can be added to either list: specifically adding to the black/white list, marking a message as legit (marking a message as junk does *not* add to blacklist by default, but it can be optioned).
scanreg

Post by scanreg »

dang, this was completely my misunderstanding

when i right-clicked the mail and slid over to antijunk, i saw the blacklist/whitelist options and in there both were displayed

my misunderstanding was that i thought that because that addy was displayed under blacklist/whitelist that it had already been added to both

i didn't realize that this option was just asking whether i wanted to add it to either list

sorry for the misunderstanding

in fact, i did a test and after i added an email to the blacklist and then tried to add it to the whitelist, i got the "conflict" error message

so it worked as it should it have....i finally saw it, geez

thanks
Jeff
Admin / Developer

Post by Jeff »

Ok, no problem :) It shows the address listed so that you can see what would be added. It will put a checkmark next to the option if the address is already in the list.