Can't activate Plus Pack v3 with PP Pro v4

POP Peeper: Tech support, suggestions, discussion, etc.
wayno

Can't activate Plus Pack v3 with PP Pro v4

Post by wayno »

I downloaded new version PRO, but when I use email and license key, it does not activate Plus?? Help!
Last edited by spc3rd on Fri Apr 24, 2015 10:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Modified topic title for better attention.
spc3rd

Re: Can't activate Plus Pack v3 with PP Pro v4

Post by spc3rd »

Hi wayno,

Please provide a little clarification:

1. Did you purchase & activate the PP Plus Pack at some time BEFORE you downloaded PopPeeper PRO, or AFTER you had downloaded PopPeeper PRO?

2. Did you just DOWNLOAD PopPeeper PRO for the free trial period, or did you PURCHASE it?

* - For security reasons, please do NOT include any license numbers/product keys, or email address(es) in your reply.

Thank you and best regards,
Global Moderator
wayno

Post by wayno »

before downloading version 4, I purchased plus with the old version a long time ago..I did NOT purchase pro, just downloaded it...the message I get is inactive device, thanks!
spc3rd

Post by spc3rd »

Much obliged for posting back with the info requested, wayno!

The following info below is excerpted from Jeff's Announcement and should correct the problem you are having:

"If you have purchased the Add-on Pack, you will need to update to the Plus Pack v4, as the Addon Pack v3 will not work with the Plus Pack v4. See the link below:"

http://www.esumsoft.com/productrequest/

Please post back and let me know if this resolved the issue you're having.

Best regards,
Last edited by spc3rd on Fri Apr 24, 2015 10:01 am, edited 3 times in total.
Reason: Edited to correct link error.
Global Moderator
wayno

Post by wayno »

Download pp pack...ran it...entered email and license code...I got this message...device inactive error #3...did not work, thanks
spc3rd

Post by spc3rd »

O.k. At this point, I will contact Jeff and ask him to review your post here. There may be something else going-on that I'm not aware of. He should be stopping by later on.

Best regards,
Global Moderator
wayno

Post by wayno »

THANKS!!
Jeff
Admin / Developer

Post by Jeff »

I have cleared out some of the old devices so you shouldn't have any problems activating it now. If you do, send an email so that we can get you going asap.
wayno

Post by wayno »

Number 1: That did it, Thanks!!!

Number 2: POP PEEPER ROCKS!!
blopplop

Post by blopplop »

I have been trying to activate the premium pack and PP Pro for several months have just given up. I get the "error # 3" message when trying to activate the premium pack, and when I attempt to load PP-Pro, it sends me on a never-ending loop of importing settings. I follow all the prompts for doing it then it takes me right back to the import settings window. I never get beyond that.

This must be a common problem, as there are several threads related to this. None of the solutions I've read have worked in my case.

Someday I'd like to activate my premium pack or run PP-Pro. I've been a PP used for many years and wanted to support the software. I hope to get this resolved.

Dave
blopplop

Post by blopplop »

Well, I was able to get past the endless looping cycle. I uninstalled every trace of PP from my pc and reinstalled it. So now I just need to be able to activate everything. Activation still won't work.

Dave
spc3rd

Post by spc3rd »

Morning Dave and welcome to the PP Forums!

Sorry to hear of the issues you're experiencing. As with every software application/program I use, there are nearly always a few 'bumps in the road' when new versions/upgrades are released.

Given the particular nature of the issue you're having, please send an email to Jeff using this PP Support Contact Form.

Best regards,
Global Moderator
Jeff
Admin / Developer

Post by Jeff »

The endless loop of the upgrade process has been related to a VirtualStore issue in every case I've gotten the details about. Unfortunately, the VirtualStore can cause some problems; they can be resolved, but it may require specific instructions for the person. But, regardless, we won't worry about that since you've uninstalled/reinstalled to fix it.

To fix the problem with activation, I will need to update your license as error3 means that the device you're trying to use has been de-activated. I'll need information to find your license, so please email me with the email address you used to purchase the Pack.
blopplop

Post by blopplop »

Thanks Jeff. I just sent you an message from support link.

BTW, just to be clear. I love PP. I've turned on numerous people to PP and have been a serious user for many years (at least since 2003). There's no other email checker out that can even tough PP. Especially for someone like me who has about 7 email accounts that I manage.

Dave