4.0.1 Update....several issues

POP Peeper: Tech support, suggestions, discussion, etc.
bbqbrisket

4.0.1 Update....several issues

Post by bbqbrisket »

1. When I highlight a message and select "Delete" originally there was an x next to it to identify it; now there is nothing so I don't really know if it will be deleted.
2. several messages within the same account have different color background shades like light blue and light green. how do I get rid of them...they are annoying.
3. SSL has failed. How do I fix?

thank you
mjs

Re: 4.0.1 Update....several issues

Post by mjs »

bbqbrisket wrote:1. When I highlight a message and select "Delete" originally there was an x next to it to identify it; now there is nothing so I don't really know if it will be deleted.
2. several messages within the same account have different color background shades like light blue and light green. how do I get rid of them...they are annoying.
3. SSL has failed. How do I fix?

thank you
1. Pete covered this question recently in thorough detail so I'll refer you to his reply to this question from another topic <-- click here to go to other topic (click on imbedded image in that topic to enlarge) Note, the "red X" has been replaced by a "trash can".
bbqbrisket wrote: 2. several messages within the same account have different color background shades like light blue and light green. how do I get rid of them...they are annoying.
Right/click on an account that you want to change the color for and click on "Edit" in the context menu. Look to the right of the right of the "account name" in this interface box where you'll see a "color drop down box" where you can change the color of that specific account.
bbqbrisket wrote: 3. SSL has failed. How do I fix?
Do you have "SSL" installed?
Within PP interface go to "Help" > "About Pop Peeper, look in list usually third down below "webmail" you should see "SSL" listed. What version is SSL if it is listed and what "SSL" error are you getting?
For instructions to install (in the event you do not have "SSL" installed) look in this link (scroll down toward bottom of page): POP Peeper Plugins
Good judgment comes from experience and a lot of that comes from bad judgment. - Will Rogers
bbqbrisket

Post by bbqbrisket »

Right/click on an account that you want to change the color for and click on "Edit" in the context menu. Look to the right of the right of the "account name" in this interface box where you'll see a "color drop down box" where you can change the color of that specific account.
I can see where I can change the color of the font but not the background shading of different colors within the same account. I hope I'm clear enough.

thanks
Attachments
pp background color.jpg
spc3rd

Post by spc3rd »

Greetings again, bbqbrisket,

The colors shown in your screenshot are related to the Antijunk feature in PP v4.

There are two ways you can resolve the issue.

1. Open PP > TOOLS > PLUGINS > UNCHECK the Antijunk plugin, or...

2. PP > TOOLS > ANTIJUNK > SETTINGS > Actions

UNCHECK the boxes beside each of the "Back color" boxes - as shown in the red boxes below.
Disabling the background color feature in Antijunk Plugin.
Disabling the background color feature in Antijunk Plugin.
Please post back if you continue to have issues.

Best regards,
Global Moderator
Jeff
Admin / Developer

Post by Jeff »

Also, if your SSL failed the CRC check, you may have an older version of the SSL plugin. CRC was added in SSL v1.0.8, but it was added "after the fact" -- so it's possible to have v1.0.8 that still fails the CRC check.

You can download SSL v1.0.8 here:
http://www.esumsoft.com/products/pop-pe ... ugins/#SSL
Jeff
Admin / Developer

Post by Jeff »

Also, regarding the missing '!' column -- is it possible that you removed this column yourself, e.g. wanting to remove some of the other new columns without realizing that the '!' column also existed in v3? Or do you think it occurred directly because of the upgrade (e.g. automatically)?
bbqbrisket

Post by bbqbrisket »

Ok....all these issues are resolved...thank you. I guess I'll stay with the program. I must say I do like the previous Red X which stands out more.

Also, in the past, I have noticed that even though I select "Notify me.......reply....post", I don't get an email and they only way
I know that PP has responded to my inquire is I have to log back in and see what messages I posted.
I see it's still the same way....Why is that?

Lastly, I am concerned now that I see I'm on a Trial Period.
Does this mean if I don't pony up after that period, the features will not work properly after D day? :roll:

Also, in the past, I have noticed that even though

thanks
spc3rd

Post by spc3rd »

Morning bbqbrisket,

In the interim, while awaiting Jeff and lakrsrool to return, I've posted answers to your questions below.
Also, in the past, I have noticed that even though I select "Notify me.......reply....post", I don't get an email and they only way
I know that PP has responded to my inquire is I have to log back in and see what messages I posted.
I see it's still the same way....Why is that?
[ANSWER]: To SUBSCRIBE to any topic which you have started/replied to, (or other topic(s) in any of the sub-forums) that you wish to be notified when replies have been made, just click on the "SUBSCRIBE TOPIC" link at the bottom of the topic page when you are logged-in and viewing the page.

Please note: the Board will only send you ONE notification of a reply to any topic you are subscribed to, until you log-in to the PP Forums again. (This requirement is also stated in any email notification of replies the Board sends).
(To discontinue receiving notifications, simply click on the "UNSUBSCRIBE TOPIC" link at the bottom of the topic page while logged-in and viewing it).
Lastly, I am concerned now that I see I'm on a Trial Period.
Does this mean if I don't pony up after that period, the features will not work properly after D day? :roll:
[ANSWER]: The trial version of PP Pro v4 expires in 30 days, at which time the Pro version automatically reverts to the FREE version of PP v4. When the Pro version reverts to the free version, premium features of the program, such as, Spell Checker, Antijunk, WOT, etc will no longer function. The basic functions of the PP program will continue to work normally.

Please also see Jeff's announcement posted HERE.

Hope this helps.
Global Moderator
bbqbrisket

Post by bbqbrisket »

Ok...thanks. All seems to be working well and frustration has subsided.
After almost 10 years, I think I'd like to continue to hang in with you guys.
spc3rd

Post by spc3rd »

Glad you're up and running, as well as, choosing to continue with PP, bbqbrisket! :mrgreen:

I have no doubt both Jeff and lakrsrool will also be glad to hear their respective help efforts are appreciated!

Sometimes it can take a little longer to resolve some problems vs others, particularly when multiple issues are involved. ](*,)

Cheers!
Global Moderator
Jeff
Admin / Developer

Post by Jeff »

I must say I do like the previous Red X which stands out more.
I wonder why so many people remember it as a red-X? It was the same blue as the trashcan :) There was (still is) a red-X which means that the message is no longer on the server. The confusion over the two differently colored X's was the motivating reason to change the delete icon.