PP v3.8.1- login issue on 1 of 3 computers

POP Peeper: Tech support, suggestions, discussion, etc.
pepegot1

PP v3.8.1- login issue on 1 of 3 computers

Post by pepegot1 »

This version is not accepting my email address or password on one of three computers. The othter two computers work just fine. I removed and re added but, no good resiult.
Last edited by spc3rd on Fri May 01, 2015 6:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: SUBJECT line modified to better reflect topic being presented.
spc3rd

Re: PP v3.8.1- login issue on 1 of 3 computers

Post by spc3rd »

Hi pepegot1,

Sorry to hear of the issues you are experiencing. In reviewing your past posts, it appears this issue has occurred before.

* If the problem is with a Yahoo account, please review what Jeff states in the following quote:
It is important that you sign into your Yahoo accounts with your web browser. If you are automatically signed in (no password), then you must sign out and log back in. Yahoo is requiring everyone to change their password and this is blocking POP Peeper. You will need to change your password in order for POP Peeper to access your account, and don't forget to change your password in POP Peeper, as well.
IF the instructions above do not help, or the log-in problem is not with a Yahoo account, please continue reading below and post back with your responses.

1. Which email account are you having log-in problems with?
(e.g Yahoo, Outlook/Hotmail, AOL, Gmail, etc)

2. How are you accessing the account? (i.e. Webmail, POP3, IMAP, etc).
[Right-click on the account in the Account List, select EDIT > GENERAL > Server type]

3. If you are receiving an error message in PP, please click on the yellow icon with the black exclamation mark (!) shown at the lower right area of the PP main interface, and post back with the exact error message text.

** - I would also encourage you to upgrade to PopPeeper v4. This latest version has corrected a number of issues that existed in version 3.8.1.0. Jeff has provided more information in his Announcement HERE.

Best regards,
Global Moderator