Kanji Encoding

POP Peeper: Tech support, suggestions, discussion, etc.
tigerwokie

Kanji Encoding

Post by tigerwokie »

Email sent to my gmail and yahoo accounts with Kanji characters (Chinese traditional) show up correctly in the main body but as ?? in the subject line when viewed from PP (4.0.1.0).

I conducted my own test by including Kanji characters in the subject line and body of the mail and this is what PP shows :
(a) when composed and sent from inside my yahoo & gmail accounts -- correct in body but ?? in subject line
(b) when composed and sent from PP -- ?? in body and subject line

I recalled this problem was reported and fixed for the previous versions of PP. Please let me know when/if there is a fix, thanks.
Jeff
Admin / Developer

Re: Kanji Encoding

Post by Jeff »

Is your Windows environment set to use the correct character encoding for non-unicode programs?

Windows Control Panel: Region and language
"Administrative" tab
- check the "language for non-unicode programs" setting and press the "Change system locale" button if it's not set to Chinese traditional.

If that's not it, are your Yahoo/GMail accounts using IMAP, POP3 or WebMail (edit the account, refer to the "server type" -- "GMail" and "Yahoo" are "WebMail")
tigerwokie

Re: Kanji Encoding

Post by tigerwokie »

Problem solved and the instructions helped. I must have changed the settings without knowing when I deinstalled MS Outlook. Thank you Jeff for the help.