Yahoo error mail box in use...

POP Peeper: Tech support, suggestions, discussion, etc.
shapeup1

Yahoo error mail box in use...

Post by shapeup1 »

I'm getting this Yahoo error, when I login directly I see nothing, I log out but it gives me the same error...

--- Version ---
POP Peeper: 4.0.1.0
Webmail: 4.0.14.0
SSL: 1.0.1.8
IMAP: 4.0.1.0
SendMail: 4.0.1.0
AntiJunk: 4.0.1.0
Spell Checker: 4.0.1.0
Web of Trust: 4.0.1.0

--- Error ---
Yahoo [1000: IMAP] ['imap.mail.yahoo.com' (993) SSL: 1] [Smtp: 'smtp.mail.yahoo.com' (465) SSL: 1]
Error ([INUSE] SELECT Mailbox in use. Please try again later)
Jeff
Admin / Developer

Re: Yahoo error mail box in use...

Post by Jeff »

Check to make sure that you don't have any POP3 clients trying to access the account. The POP3 protocol generally only allows one connection at a time.

Another possibility is that Yahoo may only allow a certain number of connections to the account at one time; or even a certain number of connections in a given period of time.
shapeup1

Post by shapeup1 »

Update it started working, it has to be them because nothing changed here.. But Thank you :)
-------------------------------------------------------------------
No I have no other email, now its giving a different error:

--- Error ---
Yahoo [1000: IMAP] ['imap.mail.yahoo.com' (993) SSL: 1] [Smtp: 'smtp.mail.yahoo.com' (465) SSL: 1]
Error ([SERVERBUG] FETCH Server error - Please try again later)
Jeff
Admin / Developer

Post by Jeff »

"server error" -- that means something went wrong on their end. Yahoo tends to have its ups and downs; its downs can last a couple of weeks sometimes, but overall, it's more up than down.
dallas77us

Post by dallas77us »

I can report I've been seeing this same exact issue for about a month, lately it's been more often or not.

I've been using POP Peeper for my Yahoo IMAP account for years; the problem is Yahoo, not POP Peeper.

As well, if I try POP Peeper Webmail, I get Error: Try again later. (-10).

But while those are happening, I can get in with Firefox, no problem. Go figure. Yahoo's free, so no complaints; I don't use it for anything critical.

POP Peeper continues to rock on otherwise with six other email accounts with varying flavors of POP and IMAP, all SSL or TLS.

Cheers.

--- Error ---
3 Yahoo IMAP SSL [1000: IMAP] ['imap.mail.yahoo.com' (993) SSL: 1] [ClientSend: '' (0) SSL: 0]
Error ([INUSE] SELECT Mailbox in use. Please try again later)

--- Error ---
Yahoo [3: Yahoo] ['' (0) SSL: 0] [WebSend: '' (0) SSL: 0]
Error: Try again later. (-10)
"This time the Republic has gone too far." -Senator Amidala
Jeff
Admin / Developer

Post by Jeff »

The problems that Yahoo has with IMAP will *generally* not affect retrieving the same email account using http/webmail; and it may not affect all Yahoo accounts -- Yahoo distributes email accounts among different servers so it's not unusual to have one Yahoo/imap account having persistent problems and others working fine.

dallas77us -- with that in mind, if firefox is able to access your email, then POP Peeper should be able to access the same account via webmail. If you're getting a -10 error make sure that when you access the account with firefox, that you try logging out and logging back in (using a private browser window works well for this) as there may be something blocking POP Peeper.