Problems with gmail

POP Peeper: Tech support, suggestions, discussion, etc.
Chivas

Problems with gmail

Post by Chivas »

Hi all,

I just made a second gmail account and added it in my pop peeper but there is something going wrong and I can't retrieve my mail.

This is what I get when I try:

--- Version ---
POP Peeper: 4.0.1.0
Webmail: 4.0.26.0
SSL: 1.0.1.8
IMAP: 4.0.1.0
SendMail: 4.0.1.0

--- Error ---
XXXXX Gmail [1000: IMAP] ['imap.gmail.com' (993) SSL: 1] [Smtp: 'smtp.gmail.com' (465) SSL: 1]
Aanmeld fout (Lookup failed qa10mb69934537lbc)

Let me also tell youy that I have my main google account and that I made a second one and also added it to the main account so that I do not have to log in and out all the time but in pop peeper I made also the second account because of course the mail does not come in the main account because I keep them separated.

Thanks a lot for a bit of help 'cause I can't find what is going wrong

Have a nice evening!
kind regards Paula

Edited post for security reasons - lakrsrool
mjs

Re: Problems with gmail

Post by mjs »

Chivas wrote:Let me also tell youy that I have my main google account and that I made a second one and also added it to the main account so that I do not have to log in and out all the time but in pop peeper I made also the second account because of course the mail does not come in the main account because I keep them separated
Can you explain in more detail what you mean by adding the account as a "second account"?
Good judgment comes from experience and a lot of that comes from bad judgment. - Will Rogers
Chivas

Post by Chivas »

Yes sure I can... I have one gmail account which I use for al kinds of things and that is my main account then I made a second email account that is a more private one and I dadded it to the main account as a second email adres...

How you do it is simple... in your main gmail account you click on your account in the upper right corner of the browser page and you'll see there your account in which you are logged is and you see a button where you can add an account. When you do so you can open both the accounts on the same time without having to log out of one and log back in into the other...

I hope I made it clear enough and also hope that this is not the cause of my problem with pop peeper ;)
Jeff
Admin / Developer

Post by Jeff »

The "lookup failed gobbledygook" is the error GMail reports when it doesn't recognize the login name (ie. it doesn't exist). Edit the account and make sure that the "Login Name" is correct.
Chivas

Post by Chivas »

Yes all is ok account name - email adres and user name - the password is one for poppeeper because I use two way recognition but that can't be the problem because it works fine with my primary account and when I login using the browser it works so all is exact - it must be something else but can't find what.... :?
Chivas

Post by Chivas »

Jeff I have to apologize to you and also to thank you for having put me on the right leg :D

I just tried once more and not working then opened the account again and then realized that the username should be in one word and not two :oops: :oops: :oops:

So sorry for my stupid mistake :oops: :oops: and thanks a lot again Jeff
Jeff
Admin / Developer

Post by Jeff »

Don't worry about it -- I've certainly done similar things myself :)
Chivas

Post by Chivas »

Hahaha ok thanks... I feel less stupid now LOLLLLL :lol: :wink: