Website Version Info is a Bit Confusing

POP Peeper: Tech support, suggestions, discussion, etc.
Godiva

Website Version Info is a Bit Confusing

Post by Godiva »

Your Version History link: http://www.esumsoft.com/products/pop-pe ... onhistory/ shows v4.1 as available on Feb 10, 2016. Yet downloading it (and the download is generically named, so you don't know the version until after you complete the download) reveals that it's still v4.01. I'd suggest you either remove the 4.1 in the online version history, or add "soon" or "pending" to the version header. Then when we see that qualifier removed, we'll know the latest version is actually available. I realize the download page still shows v4.01, but since the version history page was more recent, I thought that maybe you hadn't gotten around to updating the version number on the download page.

Just my 2 cents...

BTW, I'm currently running Beta v4.1.0.2002 - Will the release version be any different than that?
Jeff
Admin / Developer

Re: Website Version Info is a Bit Confusing

Post by Jeff »

I realize the download page still shows v4.01, but since the version history page was more recent, I thought that maybe you hadn't gotten around to updating the version number on the download page.
I might take offense, if history hadn't proven otherwise :) Conveniently, the version number listed on the download page is obtained automatically from the same source that supplies POP Peeper.

Instead of using the version history as your source for new versions, I might suggest any of the following:
- Blog
- Mailing list
- Facebook
- Twitter
- Or even the "Message of the Day" in POP Peeper
:-=

Alternatively, since you're already using the last beta (and, yes, there have been some changes since then) you may want to wait a few more days until v4.1.1 is formally announced.