No hotmail messages as of today

POP Peeper: Tech support, suggestions, discussion, etc.
RichO

No hotmail messages as of today

Post by RichO »

This morning I noticed that Pop Peeper showed no messages in my hotmail account. I went online and had plenty of messages. I updated PP and it still does not detect hotmail messages. I have changed nothing so hotmail must have.

Does anyone know what the fix would be for this?

Thanks
Jeff
Admin / Developer

Re: No hotmail messages as of today

Post by Jeff »

Does POP Peeper report an error? If so, you should see a yellow '!' button on the bottom-right of the main window -- press it and then press the 'Copy' button and paste the information here (be sure to remove anything that may be personal, such as the account name).

I've tested several Hotmail accounts and they don't have this problem. When you signed into your account with your webbrowser, did you do a full login (ie. provide your password) or were you logged in automatically? With your webbrowser, try logging out and sign back in and see if POP Peeper is able to work now.

What method are you using to access the account -- edit the account in POP Peeper and refer to the "server type" (note: this information would be included in the error information above, but this is in case there's no error)
RichO

Post by RichO »

There is no error. It just doesn't retrieve any messages. I tried logging out and back in, tried restarting the computer, and still, nothing. There are unread messages right now in my inbox that it fails to notify me of and in the PP window no previous messages show that were just there yesterday.
Jeff
Admin / Developer

Post by Jeff »

Assuming your account is using WebMail (server type = "Hotmail/outlook"), make sure that the webmail plugin isn't too out-dated; although, there haven't been any hotmail changes recently. Check under Help / About; WebMail v4.2.x should be sufficient.

The next steps:
1) You can email me (support at esumsoft dot com) and we can figure out what the problem is via logs
or
2) Edit the account and change the "server type" to IMAP. Also recommend enabling "IDLE/Push" on the bottom-right (this will reduce errors associated with Hotmail's IMAP server among other benefits); and -- optionally -- OAuth2 on the right side (improved security)
RichO

Post by RichO »

I did send an email to you as a reply to the thread notification email, since it was the same address. Did it get delivered?