Can no longer login to Yahoo mail

POP Peeper: Tech support, suggestions, discussion, etc.
hillbilly

Can no longer login to Yahoo mail

Post by hillbilly »

I've double checked u-name & p-word and can log into Yahoo's web interface no problem. Any ideas?

--- Version ---
POP Peeper: 4.4.1.0
Webmail: 4.4.6.0
SSL: 1.0.2.11
IMAP: 4.4.0.0
SendMail: 4.4.0.0

--- Web Test ---
Result: 200
Error:
Time: 12:54:24 - 12:54:24 (0 s) (-0500)
Data: Fri, 01 Sep 2017 10:54:25 -0700

--- Error ---
zYahoo [3: Yahoo] ['' (0) SSL: 0] [WebSend: '' (0) SSL: 0] [Consec: 1]
- Login Error: Check your Login Name and Password.
asquirrel

Re: Can no longer login to Yahoo mail

Post by asquirrel »

Me too. Error for all three of my accounts "check your login name and password." I tried Yahoo and also using the IMAP settings. With IMAP I get stuck on connecting.
bdot

Post by bdot »

Yep, something at Yahoo changed cause my 3 accounts can't connect either.
Protocol

Post by Protocol »

Add me to the list also. :)
mjs

Post by mjs »

Has anyone tried using IMAP with OAuth2 and if you have been using this protocol already and have issues then have you tried re-authorizing OAuth2 (click on the OAuth2 button and follow the steps to re-authorize for IMAP accounts)?

For those using IMAP and have similar issues with Yahoo accounts that have not posted the Error Overview info, please post this info as well (as was done by hillbilly, who was actually using "Webmail" and not IMAP at the time). Refer to the following link on how to post this information to this topic: PP Error Messages: How to view them & copy/paste into your post.

IMPORTANT: Please note toward the bottom of the instructions provided in the above link that you be sure to please edit/obscure any personally-identifiable information that might otherwise be displayed, before submitting the information.

Good judgment comes from experience and a lot of that comes from bad judgment. - Will Rogers
xplorers2

Post by xplorers2 »

I'm also getting errors on all my Yahoo accounts since late Thursday evening, 8/31.
Have checked logins and passwords as suggested. Have deleted and rebuilt accounts.
All accounts are accessible direct through Yahoo portal.

Here's the error log:
--- Version ---
POP Peeper: 4.0.1.0
SSL: 1.0.1.8
IMAP: 4.0.1.0
SendMail: 4.0.1.0

--- Error ---
xxxxxxxxx@yahoo.com [3: Yahoo] ['' (0) SSL: 0] [WebSend: '' (0) SSL: 0]
Login Error: Check your Login Name and Password.

xxxxxxxx@yahoo.com [3: Yahoo] ['' (0) SSL: 0] [WebSend: '' (0) SSL: 0]

xxxxxx@yahoo.com [3: Yahoo] ['' (0) SSL: 0] [WebSend: '' (0) SSL: 0]

xxxxxxxxxxx@yahoo.com [3: Yahoo] ['' (0) SSL: 0] [WebSend: '' (0) SSL: 0]

xxxxxxxxxx@yahoo.com [3: Yahoo] ['' (0) SSL: 0] [WebSend: '' (0) SSL: 0]
bdot

Post by bdot »

I had never used IMAP and never saw the OAuth2 thing before.
I put it on all 3 accounts and they connected and downloaded messages.
asquirrel

Post by asquirrel »

Thanks dude. That authorization thing worked for me. :)
mjs

Post by mjs »

xplorers2 wrote:I'm also getting errors on all my Yahoo accounts since late Thursday evening, 8/31.
Have checked logins and passwords as suggested. Have deleted and rebuilt accounts.
All accounts are accessible direct through Yahoo portal.

Here's the error log:
--- Version ---
POP Peeper: 4.0.1.0
SSL: 1.0.1.8
IMAP: 4.0.1.0
SendMail: 4.0.1.0

--- Error ---

xxxxxxxx@yahoo.com [3: Yahoo] ['' (0) SSL: 0] [WebSend: '' (0) SSL: 0]

xxxxxx@yahoo.com [3: Yahoo] ['' (0) SSL: 0] [WebSend: '' (0) SSL: 0]

xxxxxxxxxxx@yahoo.com [3: Yahoo] ['' (0) SSL: 0] [WebSend: '' (0) SSL: 0]

xxxxxxxxxx@yahoo.com [3: Yahoo] ['' (0) SSL: 0] [WebSend: '' (0) SSL: 0]
Thanks for providing the Error Overview info. Image

It would appear Yahoo is having issues with their "Webmail" Servers in specific areas.
You might consider switching your accounts over from "Webmail" (Server type = "Yahoo') to "IMAP" (Server type = "IMAP") and be sure and press the OAuth2 button and follow the ensuing steps to authorize the account with Yahoo. As you can see based on recent posts this has helped with a couple of others with similar Yahoo account issues that were formerly using the "Webmail" protocol. :wink: (doing this will avoid the current issues with the Yahoo "Webmail" Servers).

You might also consider upgrading your POP Peeper version to the current release as the POP Peeper 4.0.1.0 you are using is an older version.
Good judgment comes from experience and a lot of that comes from bad judgment. - Will Rogers
mjs

Post by mjs »

Regarding others that continue to have Yahoo issues that have posted in this topic (hillbilly, Protocol) that happen to be using Yahoo "Webmail" (Server type = "Yahoo") you might also consider switching to the "IMAP" protocol (Server type = "IMAP") for the problematic accounts (to circumvent the current Yahoo "Webmail" issues) and be sure and press the OAuth2 button and follow the ensuing steps as well (as suggested in my previous post above).
Protocol

Post by Protocol »

OK. I have switched to IMAP and OAuth2 and reauthorized.
I got an email (see below) to tell me to change my Yahoo! account setting to "Allow apps that use less secure sign in".
Your account is currently not enabled for sign-in from apps that do not meet modern security standards (e.g. older versions of email and calendar apps such as Outlook). As a result, we prevented a sign-in to your Yahoo account.

We strongly recommend that you switch to Yahoo's apps, such as Yahoo Mail, on desktop and mobile and remove your account from all other less secure apps.
If you still want to use an app that has a less secure sign-in method, go to https://login.yahoo.com/account/security#other-apps and turn on ‘Allow apps that use less secure sign-in’. This is not recommended and can leave your account more vulnerable to compromise. To learn more, please visit our Help page at: https://help.yahoo.com/kb/SLN27791.html.
Yahoo blocked this sign-in attempt but, if it looks suspicious to you or if it's not from an application that you're using, go to https://login.yahoo.com/account/change-password and change the password for your account.
Regards,
Yahoo
mjs

Post by mjs »

If you press the OAuth2 button and follow the steps to authorize PP then you should not be getting any "less secure apps" prompts from Yahoo. Have you clicked on the OAuth2 button for the account and followed through to complete the steps successfully to authorize?
Protocol

Post by Protocol »

I have just tried turning the Yahoo! security setting "Allow apps that use less secure sign in" off and PP seems to be working.
mjs

Post by mjs »

Does POP Peeper retrieve messages properly for this account?

It may be just an erroneous prompt from Yahoo based on previous settings, so as long as POP Peeper is working properly it should be okay.

If you continue to get this prompt from Yahoo then you can go ahead and set Yahoo to "use less secure apps".
Protocol

Post by Protocol »

Yes, working good now.

Thanks. :)
mjs

Post by mjs »

Protocol wrote:I have just tried turning the Yahoo! security setting "Allow apps that use less secure sign in" off and PP seems to be working.
You can set Yahoo this way which should NOT cause any problems with POP Peeper, however you will get random "warning" prompts that you understand the presumed "risks" whenever you might log-in to your account on the web (using Internet). This is simply a warning Yahoo prompts users with when ever Yahoo might encounter apps that they might consider suspicious (unknown). There is not really any risk of any kind at all of course as POP Peeper is completely safe to use so you do not need to be concerned about the Yahoo warning prompts you might encounter when logging-in on the web (it is really just a nuisance Yahoo prompt you have to reply to at that time).

That said, if your IMAP accounts are using OAuth2 properly it should NOT be necessary to use the Yahoo "less secure apps" setting in the first place.
asquirrel

Post by asquirrel »

Guess I spoke too soon. It's not working anymore.
--- Version ---
POP Peeper: 4.4.2.0
IMAP: 4.4.2.0
SendMail: 4.4.2.0
Profile Picture: 4.3.0.0 (disabled)
AntiJunk: 4.4.0.0 (disabled)
Spell Checker: 4.4.0.0 (disabled)
Web of Trust: 4.4.0.0 (disabled)

--- Web Test ---
Result: 200
Error:
Time: 22:58:59 - 22:58:59 (0 s) (-0400)
Data: Fri, 01 Sep 2017 20:02:03 -0700

--- Error ---
account 1 Yahoo [1000: IMAP] ['imap.mail.yahoo.com' (993) SSL: 1] [Smtp: 'smtp.mail.yahoo.com' (465) SSL: 1] [Consec: 1]
- Bad Connection

account 2- Yahoo [1000: IMAP] ['imap.mail.yahoo.com' (993) SSL: 1] [Smtp: 'smtp.mail.yahoo.com' (465) SSL: 1] [Consec: 1]
- Bad Connection

account 3 - Yahoo [1000: IMAP] ['imap.mail.yahoo.com' (993) SSL: 1] [Smtp: 'smtp.mail.yahoo.com' (465) SSL: 1] [Consec: 1]
- Bad Connection
hillbilly

Post by hillbilly »

Thanks, lakrsrool! IMAP with 0Auth2 did the trick! :D
hillbilly

Post by hillbilly »

Well, I may have spoken too soon as well. Now my Yahoo account shows 50 unread and new messages but in actuality there are no unread messages and the Inbox pane shows all messages are read. Here's the error...

--- Version ---
POP Peeper: 4.4.1.0
IMAP: 4.4.0.0
SendMail: 4.4.0.0

--- Error ---
zYahoo [1000: IMAP] ['imap.mail.yahoo.com' (993) SSL: 1] [Smtp: 'smtp.mail.yahoo.com' (465) SSL: 1] [Consec: 3]
- Error ([UNAVAILABLE] UID FETCH Server error while fetching messages)
dallas77us

Post by dallas77us »

Same here on two different systems using server type yahoo; thinks I'm using the wrong password.

Server type IMAP OK.

Login using Firefox OK.

"Allow apps that use less secure sign in" has been enabled in my yahoo account since, like, forever.

IMAP via OAuth2 also thinks I'm using the wrong password.

I'm thinking Jeff needs to whip up a new WebMail.dll.

No hurry, Jeff. After all, it is only Yahoo Mail. :mrgreen:

Cheers.
"This time the Republic has gone too far." -Senator Amidala