New Email Notifications Posting to Windows Action Center

POP Peeper: Tech support, suggestions, discussion, etc.
alphat

New Email Notifications Posting to Windows Action Center

Post by alphat »

Since the latest Windows 10 Creators Fall Upgrade Pop Peeper new email notifications are "sticking" in the Action Center notifications. This means I have to manually clear these notifications each time. Prior to the upgrade the new mail notifications were just a popup which was better for me. Is there a setting to prevent these notifications from going to the Win 10 Action Center? I have noticed that some other apps where popup notifications are displayed do not post to the Action Center so there is obviously some way for this to be achieved. Thanks for a great app.
alphat

Re: New Email Notifications Posting to Windows Action Center

Post by alphat »

Apologies - I found the setting in Win 10 to turn off Action Centre notifications for PP. It is in Settings->System->Notifications & Actions. Scroll down to Pop Peeper and turn off "Show Notifications in Action Centre" option. Hope this helps other users.
spc3rd

Post by spc3rd »

Hi alphat, and welcome to the Esumsoft Forums.

Thank you for your initial inquiry and subsequent update to advise us the issue has been resolved!
The follow-up info you provided helps us better understand both the issue and the resolution you found for it! :)

Other members of The Esumsoft Team may also review your topic, and provide any respective feedback they may have.
In the interim...

As you are a new member of the Forums, The Esumsoft Team recommends you review the following Sticky:

Information for new users and forum members.

important information is provided regarding the Forums and POP Peeper program which new members need to be aware of, including cautionary notes about personally-identifiable information. Links are also provided to additional resources which explain how to perform a variety of tasks, as well as, the steps to take if you experience problems with the POP Peeper program.

Best regards,
Global Moderator
SJMarty

Post by SJMarty »

alphat wrote: Sat Nov 25, 2017 7:43 pm Apologies - I found the setting in Win 10 to turn off Action Centre notifications for PP. It is in Settings->System->Notifications & Actions. Scroll down to Pop Peeper and turn off "Show Notifications in Action Centre" option. Hope this helps other users.
I know this is a very old post but I could not find any other messages referencing and this behavior and this is the exact scenario I am hoping to resolve. The problem is that when I navigate to Settings | System | Notifications & Actions, POP Peeper is not listed as a program that's sending notifications so I cannot turn it off. Is the setting somewhere else?
Jeff
Admin / Developer

Post by Jeff »

The notification API that POP Peeper uses is pre-action center, so there's not much that POP Peeper can do to change how the Action Center is behaving (well, short of changing the API, which isn't planned in the immediate future). I'm not sure what rules Windows uses to determine why an app wouldn't appear in the list that alphat mentioned; there are certainly things in my own list that I haven't used for over a year (if they ever even showed a notification; like the default "Mail" app... I'm not sure I've ever set an email account in that [although it's possible] but it's listed).

So if it's an annoyance factor, the only other suggestion I can make is to disable the Windows notifier (balloon tip) and use a similar notification option instead, such as the desktop alert or skin notifier. The "Balloon tip" and "Desktop alert" notification options can both be found under:
Main menu: Tools / Options / Notification
The skin notifier is a free notifier that you can download at the link above.
SJMarty

Post by SJMarty »

Jeff wrote: Thu Feb 07, 2019 7:14 pm the only other suggestion I can make is to disable the Windows notifier (balloon tip) and use a similar notification option instead, such as the desktop alert or skin notifier. The "Balloon tip" and "Desktop alert" notification options can both be found under:
Main menu: Tools / Options / Notification
Thanks for the fast reply.

Before posting, I had disabled the "Display tray icon balloon tip" option. I figured I had missed something somewhere else. I only want to see the number of unread messages on the tray icon but I'm still getting notifications in Notification Center. Should unchecking this option have stopped them?
Jeff
Admin / Developer

Post by Jeff »

Yes, that will stop any messages being posted in the action center. The "balloon tip" notifications are solely responsible for messages that you see in the action center, so you shouldn't be getting any messages in the action center if you're not getting the balloon tip notifications anymore.