[suggestion] main domain in blacklist

POP Peeper: Tech support, suggestions, discussion, etc.
lian

[suggestion] main domain in blacklist

Post by lian »

Hello, mainly of the spams I receive these days come from subdomains, the spammers changing the firt name part of the subdomains to fool antispam tools. For the moment, I can only add the entire subdomain directly in blacklist with right click, not the main domain. For this, I have to create a rule. It could be nice to add in right clic menu the ability to add directly main domain in blacklist.

Example: spam from x@regain.demmde.com. I can add directly regain.demmde.com in domain to blacklist but I would like to put directly all *.demmde.com subdomains in blacklist.
Last edited by Jeff on Mon Feb 12, 2018 4:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: redacted email address
Windows 10 64 bits
Jeff
Admin / Developer

Re: [suggestion] main domain in blacklist

Post by Jeff »

It's not necessary to create a rule. You can modify the blacklist entry to use a format like:
*@*demmde.com
or
*@*.demmde.com

I've added your suggestion to my list, though.
lian

Post by lian »

Sorry, you are right and it’s the way I do. But it demands some clicks and manipulation and I do this every day.
Windows 10 64 bits
Jeff
Admin / Developer

Post by Jeff »

Out of curiosity, have you checked the stats on these to see if they're worthwhile? ie. do the blacklist entries continue to get "hits"?
lian

Post by lian »

For the moment, there is no hit on the ones I checked. I will take care of it but there is a lot of spams these days.
Windows 10 64 bits