I just want to sy what a hopeless piece of crap this is.

POP Peeper: Tech support, suggestions, discussion, etc.
Herbertt

I just want to sy what a hopeless piece of crap this is.

Post by Herbertt »

Over and again I have the whole setup correctly configured, and then 'something happens' - and then for weeks it doesn't alert me to emails arriving. And over again it refuses to accept my name and password which I wrote down ages ago without changing.

It's the repeated nature of this 'breakdown' that has finally worn out my patience, and why I'm looking for another email alerter.

It's not working now because my login name and password are 'incorrect' ~ absolute baloney. They worked before, so why not now. Just a darned nuisance.
Herbertt

Re: I just want to sy what a hopeless piece of crap this is.

Post by Herbertt »

And I'm tired of long pages of how to fix this problem.
mjs

Post by mjs »

Hi Herbertt,

Sorry to hear about your problems -- but I have to say that prior to this current topic you started today you have only started 3 previous topics. And I would also point out that previous to your current two posts in this topic --- of your 3 previous topics you responded with a grand total of JUST ONE reply for all 3 topics. I think it is fair to say that we cannot help very well if you do not follow-up on topics -- wouldn't you agree?

First topic started Nov 25, 2017: username and password not being accepted - it happens I replied to your first topic that same day -- but you never replied to this topic.

Second topic started Dec 07, 2017: My Pop Peeper has been out of action for months now -- I replied to this topic on same day -- but after acknowledging my post to say you would try what I suggested there was no other follow-up by you in this topic

Third topic started Feb 10, 2018: Suddenly told I can't send ... -- again I responded the following day this time -- but once again you never replied to this topic.

You should consider following up on the topics that you start so that we can better help you with the problems you are having. I would suggest that you return to previous topics that might apply to your current problem -- more precisely check out the first and second topics you posted (linked above for your convenience) but unfortunately failed to provide any relevant feedback specific to our follow-up to each of your topics. #-o

If you continue to have issues after checking these topics out then please post back and we will be very happy to help out as long as you are willing to follow-up yourself. :wink:
Good judgment comes from experience and a lot of that comes from bad judgment. - Will Rogers
dallas77us

Post by dallas77us »

I just want to "sy" I've been using POP Peeper for over ten years. It's always up there in the systray as I don't use polling and prefer to check manually a dozen or two times a day.

In that time I've tried other POP notifiers (I've lost count) and nothing comes close to POP Peeper. That it continues to abandon the modern/metro/millennium school of "white & wasted space" GUI design is a major plus IMHO.

No doubt I speak for countless others as well as myself in asserting POP Peeper is a superb piece of coding. Support is 100%. Core development is tireless. Which reminds me I need to send Jeff another donation...

Herbertt's posts can serve as an example to teach children certain important concepts.
"This time the Republic has gone too far." -Senator Amidala
pop_pepper

Post by pop_pepper »

when it goes wrong it can be awful but its still the best program for checking multiple accounts