OUTLOOK -11 with WebMail

POP Peeper: Tech support, suggestions, discussion, etc.
dallas77us

OUTLOOK -11 with WebMail

Post by dallas77us »

A while back the Yahoo -11 error emerged and I switched to IMAP as discussed here and left it at that.

This morning I got that error for my Outlook account. Logging in with my browser (Firefox in Windows 7) succeeded without issue.

So, off to the forum I went and read up on 4.5.1 TEST, installed it and WebMail worked OK for Yahoo.

But it persists for Outlook.

I keep up with Microsoft's email as I once used it professionally, mandatory, as a Microsoft Vertified Pro. It's not that important as I've been retired for several years but occasionally I get email from a former coworker. I won't be trying IMAP or POP as undoubtedly they will work.

As such, I'm posting this here as a public report should anyone else run into the same issue.

Cheers.

--- Version ---
POP Peeper: 4.5.0.0
Webmail: 4.5.3.0
SSL: 1.0.2.14
IMAP: 4.5.0.9002
SendMail: 4.5.0.0
Profile Picture: 4.5.0.0 (disabled)
AntiJunk: 4.5.0.0 (disabled)
Spell Checker: 4.5.0.0 (disabled)
Web of Trust: 4.5.0.0 (disabled)
--- Web Test ---
Result: 200
Error:
Time: 11:10:19 - 11:10:19 (0 s) (-0700)
Data: Fri, 25 May 2018 11:10:19 -0700
--- Error ---
8 Outlook Web [1: Hotmail/Outlook] ['' (0) SSL: 0] [WebSend: '' (0) SSL: 0] [Consec: 1]
- Error: Try again later. (-11)
--- Version ---
POP Peeper: 4.5.1.0
Webmail: 4.5.3.0
SSL: 1.0.2.14
IMAP: 4.5.1.0
SendMail: 4.5.0.0
Profile Picture: 4.5.0.0 (disabled)
AntiJunk: 4.5.0.0 (disabled)
Spell Checker: 4.5.0.0 (disabled)
Web of Trust: 4.5.0.0 (disabled)
--- Web Test ---
Result: 200
Error:
Time: 11:23:30 - 11:23:30 (0 s) (-0700)
Data: Fri, 25 May 2018 11:23:30 -0700
--- Error ---
8 Outlook Web [1: Hotmail/Outlook] ['' (0) SSL: 0] [WebSend: '' (0) SSL: 0] [Consec: 1]
- Error: Try again later. (-11)
"This time the Republic has gone too far." -Senator Amidala
mjs

Re: OUTLOOK -11 with WebMail

Post by mjs »

The only time I am getting the "- Error: Try again later. (-11)" for Outlook.com accounts is when a "new user agreement" prompt is displayed in the account when logging-in on-line which only needs a click on the "Next" button to clear the error in POP Peeper.

As I understand it the 4.5.1 PP release is intended to address a number of issues but for the most part it became necessary to release this build to get WebMail to work reliably for Yahoo accounts (If I'm not mistaken I don't think this release was intended to address any "Try again later. (-11)" errors specific to Outlook.com accounts).

I have 9 MSN accounts (Hotmail/Outlook domains) and I leave 4 of those accounts using the Webmail protocol. I haven't had any issues with any of these 4 accounts other than specifically the "Try again later. (-11)" error that can be resolved by simply logging-in on-line and responding to the MSN user agreement prompt.

Please post back if this Outlook.com "- Error: Try again later. (-11)" remains persistent after logging-in to the account on-line and responding to any prompts from MSN (it may be that if you try logging-in to this account again you will possibly see a prompt from MSN that you need to respond to).
Good judgment comes from experience and a lot of that comes from bad judgment. - Will Rogers
dallas77us

Post by dallas77us »

Thanks for the fast reply. Yes. I understand about 4.5.1and the Yahoo. I installed it in the anticipation had I not, there would be a reply, "Try installing 4.5.1." As well, I could report it fixed the Yahoo -11. Well, in my ancient Windows 7 HP x64 setup on my wheezing i7-3770K clunker, anyway.

Yes. The Outlook -11 is different from the Yahoo -11. Or... Is it?? [Play "X Files" theme here.]

FYI: I do run into problems with Yahoo, WebMail and IMAP, when they want me to verify my secondary email or something else prior to login. Doing so via the browser allows POP Peeper to function there again. I've gotten used to it. I forget what the error is, but it isn't -11.

Well, I did login without issue as noted above. And again just before posting this.

Still got a -11.

As I use mail dot live dot com to login, one of these :idea: appeared over my head and I instead logged into login dot live dot com, agreed to whatever was in that dialogue and logged out.

Problem solved. No more -11. Hope this will help anyone else who might run into the the mysterious -11.

No reply expected.

Cheers.
"This time the Republic has gone too far." -Senator Amidala
Jeff
Admin / Developer

Post by Jeff »

The errors that are provided by webmail don't usually mean anything specific. -11 is probably the most common error number reported and it basically means "something unexpected happened during login." Even so, there is a chance that v4.5.1. *might* have fixed an error with a non-Yahoo account, but what v4.5.1 fixed *for* Yahoo shouldn't happen. It's a flaw on Yahoo's side of things that I wouldn't expect to affect others.

btw, when PP has an error and you log into your Hotmail account to see what's wrong, it's recommended that you log in using a private/incognito window of your webbrowser, as that will usually exhibit any prompts blocking POP Peeper.