poppeeper.ini's [OAuth2] keeps supposedly deleted items

POP Peeper: Tech support, suggestions, discussion, etc.
lwc

poppeeper.ini's [OAuth2] keeps supposedly deleted items

Post by lwc »

Pop Pepper is a pretty portable program, but I've noticed the [OAuth2] section in poppeeper.ini lists accounts that were already deleted. They even have AuthExpire UNIX times of years ago. As the years go by, this section is more and more bloated.

Can you automatically delete items that no longer have accounts set up, especially if their AuthExpire time is ancient? It's also about transparency and privacy. If you delete an account, you assume it was truly deleted.

I assume you made a dedicated [OAuth2] entry because each address can be used in multiple accounts, for example when using Remote Folders. But when any account is deleted, you can do a fast loop if other accounts also use the same address and, if they don't, delete that address from [OAuth2].
Jeff
Admin / Developer

Re: poppeeper.ini's [OAuth2] keeps supposedly deleted items

Post by Jeff »

I'm going to consider this. However, this so-called "bloat" is truly insignificant; the more compelling reason is that a user might wonder how a new PP account is still able to access their email, while another user sees it as an advantage.

Out of curiosity, what AntiVirus do you use? (and, yes, that's a loaded question)
lwc

Post by lwc »

Sandboxie plus an on-demand scanner, but why is it related?
Jeff
Admin / Developer

Post by Jeff »

Ah, well, there's a limit as to what I can say in an official capacity on a public forum (and I probably shouldn't have opened myself up to the obvious question), but let's say I agree with an Ex-Mozilla Engineer :-=