Can't send email suddenly

POP Peeper: Tech support, suggestions, discussion, etc.
Sentinel

Can't send email suddenly

Post by Sentinel »

OK, so I haven't changed a thing on my PopPeeper settings on my PC or on the settings on my website hosting server. To my knowledge the webhost (dreamhost.com) has not changed anything either. Everything was working fine yesterday.

So suddenly when I try to send email I get the following error:
-
--- Version ---
POP Peeper: 4.5.2.0
Webmail: 4.5.4.0
SSL: 1.0.2.11
IMAP: 4.5.2.0
SendMail: 4.5.2.0
Spell Checker: 4.5.0.0

--- Error ---
me@mydomain.com [0: POP3] ['pop.dreamhost.com' (995) SSL: 1] [Smtp: 'smtp.dreamhost.com' (465) SSL: 1] [consec: 1]
- Send Mail: Error verifying message terminator
Server Returned: 5.7.1 Reject for policy reason spam score too high. If you believe this is an error please contact support and reference this code: gggruggvucftvghtrhhoucdtuddrgedtkedrheekgdeliecutefuodetggdotefrodftvfcurfhrohhfihhlvgemucggtfgfnhhsuhgsshgtrhhisggvpdfftffgtefojffquffvnecuu
(three extra lines of garbeled characters were here but you get the idea)
mheprghlsehothgvrhhordhushdpnhhrtghpthhtohepughpseguvggvrhhprghthhdrohhrghenucevlhhushhtvghrufhiiigvpedt (#550)

2.0.0 Ok (#250)

-
Anyone have any ideas?
Jeff
Admin / Developer

Re: Can't send email suddenly

Post by Jeff »

It looks to me like Dreamhost is actively scanning your outbound message and preventing it from being sent. You should contact Dreamhost with the provided code.

Also, I'm going to send you a PM.
Sentinel

Post by Sentinel »

Thanks Jeff.
I did submit a support ticket to dreamhost. Haven't heard from them yet. I did attach the error message complete.

But the odd thing is that I don't get that error if I use my tablet or cell phone for email. I use K-9 Mail for android devices. I have no errors at all when using those email apps. Only error I get is when I use PopPeeper so I figured I would check to see if it could be some setting here that could be causing the issue.
Perhaps my host changed something and I have to change a setting in PP to adjust for it?
I'll see what dreamhost has to say and then get back here.

I hate email problems. I prefer when things just work #-o
Jeff
Admin / Developer

Post by Jeff »

Do you consider the out-going email sensitive/confidential? If not, then you could send a log and I'll see if I notice anything particularly spammy about it, or I can test it myself. Otherwise, is there just one message having a problem? Have you tried sending yourself (probably sending to a different email address would be best) a test message and see if that passes? If so, using a test message for logging would be better. Email me if that's suitable.
Sentinel

Post by Sentinel »

I don't know if this is what you mean but what I was doing was sending an email to myself at a different domain and the email only had the word test in it or a simple http link or something just for testing purposes.

But it seems to happen on all my domains that are on that same server/hosting company (dreamhost). Does not happen on the other 2 hosting companies. Hmm. Guess that does mean that ti has to be something to do with how the hosting company is configured huh? I wonder what changed? Still have not heard back form their support yet so awaiting that.

I guess I am wondering if they changed some setting that I now have to adjust for in PP to compensate for.
Jeff
Admin / Developer

Post by Jeff »

In that case, I would really like to see a log -- I'll email you at your forum registered address. If you don't access that, please email me at the address I provided you in PM.
Sentinel

Post by Sentinel »

Just in case anyone else was interested ... I did find out that the problem is with my hosting company and not PP.
Jeff
Admin / Developer

Post by Jeff »

Also for public info: even though the problem may be specific to the webhost (or other services using the same antispam service), I've made some changes in POP Peeper v5 to prevent the outgoing messages from being detected as spam (feel free to dwell on that...) for this particular webhost/antispam service. So if anyone else is reading this that has a similar issue, let me know and I can set you up with a fix, as well.