Error with Gmail

POP Peeper: Tech support, suggestions, discussion, etc.
mondreiter

Error with Gmail

Post by mondreiter »

I get this error, whether I've made myself weblogin or not. Thunderbird does not provide the Gmail message or can correctly query the account.

I have this since one week!

--- Version ---
POP Peeper: 4.5.2.0
Webmail: 4.5.5.0
SSL: 1.0.2.11
IMAP: 4.5.2.0
RSS: 4.5.0.0
SendMail: 4.5.2.0
Notification Voice: 4.5.0.0
Profile Picture: 4.5.0.0
AntiJunk: 4.5.0.0
Spell Checker: 4.5.0.0
Web of Trust: 4.5.0.0

--- Error ---
w.....@gmail.com [0: POP3] ['pop.googlemail.com' (995) SSL: 1] [Smtp: 'smtpauths.bluewin.ch' (465) SSL: 1] [consec: 1]
- Login error ([AUTH] Web login required: https://support.google.com/mail/answer/78754)
spc3rd

Re: Error with Gmail

Post by spc3rd »

Welcome to the Esumsoft Forums, Mondreiter!

Sorry to hear of the Gmail issue you are experiencing.
Please have a look at the information provided by Moderator lakrsrool in THIS TOPIC.

After following the instructions given there, please post back and let us know if it helped resolve the issues you are having.
* If you continue to experience issue(s) with your Gmail account(s), please provide details about the problem and what steps you have taken to resolve it.

** Also, you may want to consider accessing your accounts using the IMAP protocol as mentioned by Jeff in the same topic HERE.

Other members of The Esumsoft Team will be reviewing your topic and may have additional feedback for you.
In the interim, as you are our newest member, we ask that you review the following Sticky:

Information for new users and forum members

The article contains important information which all new members should be aware of. If you have any questions or comments, please let us know.

Thank you & welcome aboard! :D
Global Moderator
Jeff
Admin / Developer

Re: Error with Gmail

Post by Jeff »

1) Are you sure you're using the same settings in TB that you are in POP Peeper? specifically:
- POP3
- pop.googlemail.com
- different smtp (probably not relevant)

2) Any particular reason you're using pop.googlemail.com? I know that it was a UK (or something) issue at one point, but I thought that they had resolved that (trademark issue or something). You may want to try pop.gmail.com instead (if I'm wrong, let me know... but I haven't heard googlemail referenced in quite a while)

3) I would *highly* *highly* *highly* recommend using IMAP for GMail accounts in POP Peeper. You can use POP3 in TB, but IMAP really is much better suited for POP Peeper. Make sure that you use OAuth2 and that will most likely avoid the problem (OAuth2 isn't available for POP3).

4) When you do the "web login" as suggested by the error from gmail, make sure that you do a "full login", ie. if you're automatically signed in, then sign out and log back in.

5) This is probably unrelated to the error at hand, but this could potentially cause other issues -- I assume that bluewin.ch is your ISP? Is there a specific reason why you're using their SMTP server instead of GMail's?