Moving activation to new device?

POP Peeper: Tech support, suggestions, discussion, etc.
Sentinel

Moving activation to new device?

Post by Sentinel »

I'm guessing this has probably been asked before but I could not find it, so please forgive me.
-
So it appears as though we are only allowed to have a paid version on maximum 2 PC's per license at a time, correct?

Let's say I have the following:
PC1 and PC2 have the paid version activated and PC3 has the free version.

What I would like to end up with is:
PC1 stay with the paid version but I want to switch PC2 and PC3 so that PC2 will go from paid to free and PC3 will go from free version to paid.
How would I go about doing that?
Jeff
Admin / Developer

Re: Moving activation to new device?

Post by Jeff »

Sentinel wrote: Fri Nov 09, 2018 11:59 am So it appears as though we are only allowed to have a paid version on maximum 2 PC's per license at a time, correct?
It's three (3):
https://data.esumsoft.com/license/License-Pro.txt

There may have been a time when it was 2, so if you remember where you got that, let me know so it can be updated.

But to answer the intent of your question: the restriction is not there specifically to limit the number of devices you install PP-Pro on. As long as only one license is in use at a time and you're not giving it to your neighbor/friend/whatever, then that's more important than if you have it installed on 3 or 4 computers. But when you do hit the number of devices and try to activate a new device, POP Peeper will prompt you and it will ask if you want to de-activate an older computer (this will be the oldest activated device).
Sentinel

Post by Sentinel »

Ah, OK. I saw the activate button so I was looking for a "deactivate" button somewhere and I could not find it.
So when I activate it on the new PC it will see that I have already have it active on the older PC and then ask me if I want to deactivate that older PC at that time. Got it.
Thank you.
Jeff
Admin / Developer

Post by Jeff »

That is what would happen if you were already at the limit. But you're not at the limit so when you go to activate the 3rd computer, it will happily allow it just like it did for the first two.
techmanc

Post by techmanc »

This thread is close enough to explain my current problem where I have run out of licenses as I just moved to my whole OS to another bigger ssd drive the other day I am getting error 4 max devices being used as I do use PP on 2 PC.

My situation is I am using a clone of my system but my old ssd drive is not available to remove that drives licencing so I dont know how to fix my problem.

I will post this now for help and feedback.

I can remove the 2nd drives license because that drive content was removed to repurpose the sdd and the only way I can fix the problem as it is would be to redo my whole OS so I start with new software install? That's not going to happen I as my clone to many years of adding my games and other software to get it where it is.
Jeff
Admin / Developer

Post by Jeff »

I've updated your license so you should be able to activate it now. Let me know if you still have a problem.
techmanc

Post by techmanc »

al fixed ty