Not able to view any Yahoo messages in PP

POP Peeper: Tech support, suggestions, discussion, etc.
jjgui1

Not able to view any Yahoo messages in PP

Post by jjgui1 »

I can see that I have emails in my master list of accounts and the headers appear as they should. When I try to read an individual email by double-clicking it, the window containing the email pops open but nothing is downloaded from the server and the message just sits there completely blank.

If I use a browser and head to Yahoo, I can login and view the emails on the webpage just fine.

This only occurs for Yahoo. Other emails/servers are fine.

This just started occuring tonight. #-o

Can I get some help, please? Not sure what else to check or look for in troubleshooting.
No sig here (i don't smoke hehe)
spc3rd

Re: Not able to view any Yahoo messages in PP

Post by spc3rd »

Hi jjgui1,

Sorry to hear of the issue you're experiencing. Please post back with the following:

1. Which version of POP Peeper are you using?

2. What operating system are you using?

Other members of The Esumsoft Team will be dropping-by later to further review the issue you have presented as well.

Thank you & best regards,
Global Moderator
mjs

Post by mjs »

Along with answers to the questions spc3rd has requested above -- here are a few more questions and some requested steps to try.

1) Is this issue only impacting the more current Yahoo messages and not older messages in the POP Peeper Inbox?

2) If the answer is only more current messages then when did this issue start occurring?

3) And have you made any changes (in regards to security software more than anything else) since this time?

Now to my request.....

Please do the following steps:
1) Right-click on one of these Yahoo messages in the POP Peeper Inbox.
2) Then from the right-click context menu select "Remove from the list" (a ways down the right-click menu).
3) Now do a right-click on the Yahoo account (in the account list pane to the left) that you had removed the message from previously.
4) Select "Check Mail" from the right-click context menu (to do a "Mail Check" for this specific account) - the message will return to the POP Peeper Inbox).
5) Now try reading the message that returned to the POP Peeper Inbox as a new message.
6) Are you able read the message correctly now?

If the answer is "Yes" to #6 above and the problem has occurred for only the more current messages you can do the same thing (select all these messages as a block [using Shift-key] and "Remove from list") and the specific messages will return to the POP Peeper Inbox on the next "Mail Check" correctly.

Or better yet -- you can wait for Jeff to follow-up on this issue in order to look into if further to see what may have caused the problem in your case.
Good judgment comes from experience and a lot of that comes from bad judgment. - Will Rogers
Jeff
Admin / Developer

Post by Jeff »

If you're using webmail (as opposed to POP3 or IMAP) to access Yahoo using POP Peeper, then Yahoo probably had a hiccup when PP tried to retrieve the messages and it cached bad data. Following lakrsrool's suggestion to re-download the messages should fix that.

Also: I recommend using IMAP over webmail. It will, in the long-run, have fewer issues than webmail and it's much more efficient and has more features than webmail. To change to IMAP, edit the account and change the "server type" to "IMAP", then press the "Oauth2" button and follow the instructions. Note that POP Peeper will need to re-download all messages (or message headers) when you change the protocol.