pop peeper stopped deleting marked emails

POP Peeper: Tech support, suggestions, discussion, etc.
orracle51

pop peeper stopped deleting marked emails

Post by orracle51 »

I really love this program--it does what I need and for all my accounts.

But today it stopped deleting the emails I marked for deletion. Suggestions?
Last edited by spc3rd on Fri Jan 18, 2019 1:09 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic moved from EMAIL sub-forum to PP sub-forum.
mjs

Re: pop peeper stopped deleting marked emails

Post by mjs »

Welcome to the forum orracle51,

1) What type of account are you having the problem with? (Outlook, Yahoo, Gmail etc)

2) Is this issue occurring for all accounts?

3) What "Server type" are you using? (i.e. "Webmail", IMAP or POP3) To check this edit the account (right-click on the account in the left pane of the Pop Peeper main page) click on "Edit", then make sure you are on the "General" tab and post the "Server type" setting you see on this page.

4) What version of Pop Peeper are you using? (go to "Help" > "About Pop Peeper" for this information)

5) What is the ISP you are using for accessing the Internet (i.e. AT&T, Comcast, Cox etc.)?

6) When deleting a message in POP Peeper, do you see a trashcan icon next to the message in the message list? And is so are you saying that after the next mail check these messages marked for deletion fail to delete?

7) It doesn't sound like you are you getting any errors-- but if so then please post the error information for this problem account. To do this, click on the Yellow Exclamation icon in lower right corner of Pop Peeper main interface, click the "Copy" button and paste this information to this topic (place cursor in your reply, right-click and select "Paste").

Other members of the Esumsoft Team may be posting their respective feedback as well at some point.

In the meantime you could try exiting and restarting POP Peeper and/or rebooting your computer to see if this corrects the problem.

Also in as much as you are a new to the forum, we not only welcome you to the forum but would also recommend that you take a look at the following announcements page topic when you find the time: Information for new users & forum members, which provides a variety of resources for new members including various steps to take whenever problems may occur with POP Peeper.
Good judgment comes from experience and a lot of that comes from bad judgment. - Will Rogers
Jeff
Admin / Developer

Re: pop peeper stopped deleting marked emails

Post by Jeff »

Also make sure that the account is enabled. Edit the account and make sure the "Enabled" checkbox on the bottom-left of the General page is ticked.