Links do not open in browser

POP Peeper: Tech support, suggestions, discussion, etc.
orshay

Links do not open in browser

Post by orshay »

Win 7, PP 4.5.2, Chrome (default browser)

Starting 3 days ago links in messages do not open in the browser as they did before.
I checked the "Force PP to open links..." setting and it was selected with the browser field left blank (i.e. use default browser).
I inserted path to the Chrome browser but it didn't help.
Using the "open link in new window" does nothing.
I tried opening the URL from the WOT pane but still, nothing.

This is very frustrating and unproductive.
Any clue?

thanks in advance
Naty
mjs

Re: Links do not open in browser

Post by mjs »

You could try checking out the Browser program default settings in your Windows 7 Control Panel for the desired default browser.
Go to Control Panel:
goto control  panel.png
Then to:
Default Programs.png
Then to:
Set Defaults.png
Select your browser [pointed out Chrome in this case]:
(The entire Control Panel path is circled at top of above screen-shot.)<br />Note: Click on screen-shots to enlarge if necessary to read - click go-back-one-page to return to forum.
(The entire Control Panel path is circled at top of above screen-shot.)
Note: Click on screen-shots to enlarge if necessary to read - click go-back-one-page to return to forum.
After selecting "Google Chrome" (see pointer) you can Set Defaults (easiest way is top option "Set this program as default"). Notice I have "This program has 0 out o 22 defaults" at the top of circled section at bottom of screen-shot -- that is because I use the Pale Moon browser which if I select Pale Moon this line will state "This program has all its defaults" (since I use that browser) -- If you want to use Chrome then this is what it should probably say where in my screen-shot it says "This program has 0 out of 22 defaults" (because I do not use Chrome).

If you have the Windows default browser set correctly in the Control Panel then you can leave the "Browser to launch URLs" setting in PP to blank and leave the "Force PP to open links..." setting enabled (checked).

If your browser default settings were already good then try restarting PP or better yet rebooting your computer....
Good judgment comes from experience and a lot of that comes from bad judgment. - Will Rogers
orshay

Re: Links do not open in browser

Post by orshay »

Hi lakrsrool
thanks for the details reply.
This got sorted out. Chrome was already default for 9 items but I thought I'd make it def. for all.
I also restarted the computer, and this might have done the trick

thanks again!
Naty