Mail.com Error verifying 'To'

POP Peeper: Tech support, suggestions, discussion, etc.
eyecandy

Mail.com Error verifying 'To'

Post by eyecandy »

Hi,

I keep having the same issue with my mail.com account, which happens to be my main account... whenever I want to reply to several contacts, it gives me the same error message "Error verifying 'To'" while the message is stuck in the outbox.

I have checked my login details and I've even tried swapping extra contacts to the cc field, leaving only one contact in the main 'to' field: that doesn't work.

Could you please let me know if there's a workaround and/or if it's a known issue? I always have to log in to the mail.com webmail to reply to my messages, which defies the point of resorting to pop peeper (though I'll never get rid of it :3 )

Many thanks!
Last edited by spc3rd on Wed Feb 13, 2019 10:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic moved from Translations to POP Peeper sub-forum.
spc3rd

Re: Mail.com Error verifying 'To'

Post by spc3rd »

Hi eyecandy,

To help provide you with better assistance, we need to see the complete text of the error message you are receiving in POP Peeper.

Please provide this in your next reply by following the instructions in the Sticky article below:

PP error messages: How to view them & copy/paste into your post

Also, I see you posted about a mail.com issue in this May 2017 topic, where lakrsrool provided some detailed information. Is the problem you are having now similar to the one in your 2017 post?

Other members of The Esumsoft Team will be reviewing your topic and provide additional feedback.

Thank you & best regards.
Global Moderator
Jeff
Admin / Developer

Post by Jeff »

Reporting the error as spc3rd suggests could provide more details, but I also have a couple more questions:
- Could you clarify what leads up to the issue? ie. Are you *ever* able to send mail via this account or does it only occur when you try to send to multiple recipients?

- When there's a problem, can you verify if the recipient fields (to/cc/bcc) are correct? If you're not sure, copy each field and let me know what they are via PM (don't include their email addresses in a public forum)
eyecandy

Post by eyecandy »

Hi again,

Here's the message I keep receiving:
Send Mail: Error verifying 'To'
Server Returned: action not taken: mailbox unavailable
550 Failure sending mail. Try again later (#550-Requested)

OK (#250)

I thought that issue only happened when sending messages to multiple contacts but upon double-checking, it appears I can't even send a message to a single contact. So basically I can't send anything from mail.com using Pop Peeper.

I've double-checked my contacts, they are in my contact list.

Thanks again
eyecandy

Post by eyecandy »

Edit: my test messages from my mail account to both this very account and a hotmail one have now been sent and received correctly.

Only the multiple contacts messages remain stuck in the outbox with the same error message.
Jeff
Admin / Developer

Post by Jeff »

Based on the error and that some of your tests work, it's sounding more and more like there's a particular problem with the way that some of your problem messages are formatted -- that is, something in one of the the recipient fields may be invalid. Can you send a screenshot to me via PM so that I can see if anything is wrong (again: do not post such a screenshot in the public forum, use a private message)?
eyecandy

Post by eyecandy »

Hi Jeff,

I tried but I don't have access to the members' list. Perhaps if you sent me one to which I could reply?

Cheers
Jeff
Admin / Developer

Post by Jeff »

Based on the screenshot, it looks like the first visible email address is likely the problem. I can't quite make out exactly what it is (perhaps you can copy that part and paste it in a reply, so that I can experiment with it), but it looks like may be -" or -'' or possibly something else (and, yes, those are different, which is why I'd like you to copy/paste in text what it is).

That's likely what's causing the problem. If you get rid of that text immediately before the first email address, then it will probably go through; although I can't see the entire field so it's possible that there's another issue.
eyecandy

Post by eyecandy »

Not sure if I'm cursed but I've replied to you yesterday and the message is in my outbox. If you haven't received it please let me know.

Thanks
mjs

Post by mjs »

^ If the message you sent to Jeff is still in your PP Outbox then it did not get sent. Please select the message in the Outbox and send it to him again. -- thanks

Also if you sent the message but it remained in your PP Outbox -- you should be getting an error sending the message.

If so please post the error here in this topic. To post the error: Click on the yellow icon with the exclamation mark ("!") in the lower-right corner of the Pop Peeper interface which will open the Pop Peeper "Error Overview" window. Then click on "Copy" in the "Error Overview" window and "paste" the error information into this forum. To paste the information (after doing the "Copy"), place the cursor where you want the error to post (left-click to place cursor) in your reply then right-click and select "Paste" from the context menu or alternatively press CTRL+V to paste the error information at the location of the cursor. Here is a detailed link on how to do this: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=6738.
Good judgment comes from experience and a lot of that comes from bad judgment. - Will Rogers
Jeff
Admin / Developer

Post by Jeff »

lakrsrool -- eyecandy was referring to the message being in the "outbox" of the forum's Private Message, not POP Peeper -- easy mistake, I knew he had sent me a PM and it almost confused me, too :)