Error retrieving messages in all Gmail accounts

POP Peeper: Tech support, suggestions, discussion, etc.
johndough

Error retrieving messages in all Gmail accounts

Post by johndough »

I have been unable to get any emails for the last week+, this is on all 24 of my gmail accounts. ( I only have gmail accounts )
I get notified of new email, but when I try to open it it sits for a minute then I get a ' "Error retrieving message Server unexpectedly disconnected"

I had actually been using old version 3.4 until today when I upgraded to the most recent hoping for a fix but still get the same results.

Any suggestions?

Thanks
Last edited by spc3rd on Mon Feb 18, 2019 6:25 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic TITLE modified to better reflect issue being reported
spc3rd

Re: Error retrieving messages in all Gmail accounts

Post by spc3rd »

Welcome to the Esumsoft Forums, johndough!

Sorry to hear of the problem you are having with your Gmail accounts.

To get started, we need a bit more information. Please post back with the complete text of the error message(s) you are getting in POP Peeper, by following the instructions in the Sticky topic below:

PP error messages: How to view them & copy/paste into your post

This provides us with a more detailed overview of the issue you are experiencing. Other members of The Esumsoft Team will also be reviewing your post and provide additional feedback as well.

In the interim, as you are our newest member, we ask that you please review the following Sticky topic:

Information for new users and forum members

The article contains important information which all new members should be aware of. If you have any questions or comments, please feel free to let us know.

Thank you & welcome aboard! :)
Global Moderator
mjs

Post by mjs »

^ As suggested by spc3rd above, It is very helpful and important to include the detailed "Error" information whenever there are POP Peeper errors -- this provides us with information on how your accounts are setup, what plugins you are using and the versions of your plugins among other things that in turn can help to determine what the problem may be.

That said, if you happen to be using "IMAP" for your Gmail account(s) you might try authorizing POP Peeper by editing the account(s) and clicking on the "OAuth2" button and follow through with the ensuring steps. You might also try rebooting your computer as well (if the above does not apply or work).
Good judgment comes from experience and a lot of that comes from bad judgment. - Will Rogers
johndough

Post by johndough »

Hey guys, thanks for replying.

I'm not getting the yellow ! in the corner. the only error seems to be when trying to retrieve a message from any account-
I also had tried the "OAuth2" button on a couple accounts without any change
Screen shots attached.
Attachments
Capture2.JPG
Capture1.JPG
Capture.JPG
mjs

Post by mjs »

Have you made any security changes or changed any security settings (i.e. Virus protection/Firewall etc.) to your computer in the last week since this has been a problem?
Good judgment comes from experience and a lot of that comes from bad judgment. - Will Rogers
johndough

Post by johndough »

Well there wasnt any changes that I was aware of. I use AVG antivirus, that auto updates, BUT now that I wrote that I just right clicked AVG and turned it off and the emails I checked loaded, I turned it back on, Stoped getting them, back off works.. So I guess I gotta look for some settings hidden in AVG..

Thanks for your help!!
( and if you happen to know what I should change in AVG I would appreciate it!)
johndough

Post by johndough »

-- I just checked AVG's supprt page, as of today, it looks like others are having the same general type of issues with AVG as I am. AVG is supposedly working on it.
Jeff
Admin / Developer

Post by Jeff »

Just saw your update, so I'll erase what I was writing as you say it's a known AVG issue now. Hope they fix it soon.
mjs

Post by mjs »

You may be using "Hardened Mode" in Avast (err AVG -- Avast and AVG merged as I understand).

If you are using "Hardened Mode" you will have this checked:
Avast Hardened Mode.png
If so then you will need to add POP Peeper to the Hardened Mode "Exclusions" list:
Hardened Mode Exclusions.png
Be sure to enter POP Peeper's executable path here in "Hardened Exclusions" (most likely as illustrated).
johndough

Post by johndough »

Thanks, if AVG doesnt have an update/fix in a day or 2 I'll add that.
eric10000

Post by eric10000 »

Hello.
My problem is quite similar.
But PoPPeeper can't open Gmail.
I receive the error
"--- Version ---
POP Peeper: 4.5.2.0
Webmail: 4.5.4.0
SSL: 1.0.2.11
IMAP: 4.5.2.0
SendMail: 4.5.2.0
Web of Trust: 4.5.0.0 (disabled)

--- Web Test ---
Result: 200
Error:
Time: 17:39:09 - 17:39:09 (0 s) (+0400)
Data: Wed, 20 Feb 2019 05:39:12 -0800

--- Error ---
Gmail [1000: IMAP] ['imap.gmail.com' (993) SSL: 1] [Smtp: 'smtp.gmail.com' (465) SSL: 1] [consec: 16]
- Erreur ([ALERT] Please log in via your web browser: https://support.google.com/mail/accounts/answer/78754 Failure)",
with the yellow button!
Thanks to tell me what to do.
Regards
mjs

Post by mjs »

Have you tried logging into your Gmail account(s) using your browser to see if there are any messages that you need to reply to from Gmail?

You could try authorizing POP Peeper by editing your POP Peeper Gmail account(s) and clicking on the "OAuth2" button in the POP Peeper Edit Account window and continue with the steps to take to authorize or re-authorize POP Peeper.

Please let us know if trying either of these suggestions helped. :)