E-Mail Notifications

POP Peeper: Tech support, suggestions, discussion, etc.
aggynet

E-Mail Notifications

Post by aggynet »

I am not receiving any incoming e-mail notifications any more.

It was working a few days ago.

Can some please help me in reconfiguring my pop peeper to receiving the e-mail notifications.

Many Thanks in Advance.

Regards

aggynet
spc3rd

Re: E-Mail Notifications

Post by spc3rd »

Welcome to the Esumsoft Forums, aggynet.

In order to provide the best assistance, we need more information about the problem(s) you are experiencing.

Please read the information provided in the following Sticky, paying particular attention to the section about, "What to do if you encounter problems using POP Peeper".

Information for new users and forum members.

Also, please review the extensive information about using the POP Peeper program, including how to set-up various email accounts at this link:

POP Peeper FAQ Page

Please post back with the following information:

1. Which operating system are you using?

2. Are you receiving any error messages in POP Peeper? If so, please include them in your next reply, by following the instructions in the Sticky below:

PP error messages: How to view them & copy/paste into your post.

3. What email accounts are you using?
(E.g., Gmail, Hotmail, Yahoo, etc.)

4. What Server type are each of your accounts?
(I.e., IMAP, Webmail, POP3, etc.).

5. Are you able to log-in to your email accounts via your browser without any problem?

Other members of The Esumsoft Team will be reviewing your topic further and provide additional feedback.

Thank you & best regards.
Global Moderator
mjs

Post by mjs »

I see spc3rd has done a masterful job at covering all that we need ahead of my post so I would just like to say as well welcome to the forum aggynet and would add that by posting the relevant "error message" information referenced above in point #1 regarding the problem account(s) most if not all of these questions posted above (as well as PP app and plugin versions used among other things) would be answered for us of which again there are detailed instructions on this in the link provided above by spc3rd.
Good judgment comes from experience and a lot of that comes from bad judgment. - Will Rogers
aggynet

Post by aggynet »

Please find below my error message details:-

--- Version ---
POP Peeper: 4.5.2.0
Webmail: 4.5.5.0
SSL:
IMAP: 4.5.2.0
SendMail: 4.5.2.0
Profile Picture: 4.5.0.0 (disabled)
AntiJunk: (disabled)
Spell Checker: (disabled)
Web of Trust: (disabled)

--- Error ---
Gmail [1000: IMAP] ['imap.gmail.com' (993) SSL: 1] [Smtp: 'smtp.gmail.com' (465) SSL: 1] [consec: 20]
- SSL connection failed (SSL Plugin is not loaded)

As a non-technical person I would very much appreciate help in getting the e-mail notifications working again.

Regards

aggynet
spc3rd

Post by spc3rd »

Thank you for including the error message text, aggynet. :D

As mentioned in lakrsrool's post above, it provides us with considerable info to more-effectively address the issue you're having!

The one obvious problem I see is the SSL Plugin is not present. This is very likely what is causing the mail-retrieval issue, as Gmail requires the SSL plugin. You can download it from the POP Peeper Plugins page.

Be sure to also read the installation instructions provided at the link shown on the download page.

After downloading/installing it, open the PP main interface, click on [TOOLS] > PLUGINS. Make sure the SSL plugin is both present in the list and check-marked. Then, exit/restart POP Peeper and perform a mail check of your accounts.

Let us know what your results are and if the problem you are having has been resolved.

*As noted in my first post, extensive information is available on the POP Peeper FAQ page about how to set up various types of email accounts, and many other common tasks as well. You may want to review the information provided at the link below to ensure all your account settings match those given:

How to set-up a Gmail account in POP Peeper.

Thank you & best regards.
Global Moderator