Error -1011 Yahoo

POP Peeper: Tech support, suggestions, discussion, etc.
captqbec

Error -1011 Yahoo

Post by captqbec »

Hi,

All my Yahoo accounts give me this -1011 error :shock:

...am I the only one?

Please help.

Thanks
mjs

Re: Error -1011 Yahoo

Post by mjs »

If I'm not mistaken this "-11" type error is typically a temporary error and will generally clear itself at some point.

How long has this error been occurring?

What is the incoming and outgoing server protocol ("Server type" and "Send option") setting in Pop Peeper that you are using (Edit your Yahoo accounts to determine this)?

You could try doing a login into Yahoo (logout and then login again if already logged-in) to see if any requests to you from Yahoo.

As you probably already know - whenever you get errors in POP Peeper it is always best to provide us (Esumsoft Team) with the overall Error Overview information (see below for steps to do this). Doing this gives us additional information that can be of help in determining what may be causing problems.

Steps to post "Error Overview" info (REFER TO "*" comment BELOW for more DETAILS):
1) Click on the yellow icon with exclamation in lower right corner of PP interface.
2) Click the "Copy" button (saving the error message to clipboard).
3) Past the error message to this topic.

NOTE: Please make sure your actual email account name does not display when you post this information by changing it to "XXXX" for example.

*For more details on posting this information please refer to this forum POST by spc3rd in a topic on the subject. :wink:
Good judgment comes from experience and a lot of that comes from bad judgment. - Will Rogers
Dixon Butz

Post by Dixon Butz »

Same here on all three Yahoo accounts using the server type: Yahoo.
Login/log out didn't help.
Works when switching to IMAP server.
spc3rd

Post by spc3rd »

Thanks for your report, Dixon.

As lakrsrool mentioned in his post above, it is important to provide the complete text of any error message PP is displaying, as it provides The Esumsoft Team
with more detailed info about the problem.

Please include this info in your next reply. Instructions for doing so are also given in lakrsrool's post above.

* FWIW, I have noted Yahoo seems to be having a few "hiccups" over the past 6 hours or so, although I have not experienced any issues with either of my Yahoo IMAP accounts.

Thank you and best regards.
Global Moderator
mjs

Post by mjs »

Hi Dixon -- What version are you using for the Webmail plugin?

Click on THIS LINK to determine if you have the most recent Webmail plugin release.

If you are not using v4.5.7 -- then please update your Webmail plugin to see if this might help (there are instructions on this provided on the linked page).

captqbec - assuming you are also using the Webmail ("Yahoo") protocol you should try the same thing as mentioned above.

This is why it is helpful to provide the entire "Error Overview" information (as requested above) -- doing so would provide this plugin info and much more information for us that helps in analyzing the problem.
Good judgment comes from experience and a lot of that comes from bad judgment. - Will Rogers
Dixon Butz

Post by Dixon Butz »

-1011 error
mjs

Post by mjs »

Dixon Butz wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2019 2:11 pm -1011 error
Note by clicking on the Webmail plugin link provided above you will see the following in the Webmail "Version History": "v4.5.6 (Jan 24, 2019) - Yahoo: Fix for -11 error and other issues...." (which would appear to apply to your Yahoo account error issues)

If you are not using the most current Webmail plugin version (actually v4.5.7) then you need to update your Webmail plugin to see if this helps with your error problems in Yahoo (there is a link to "installation instructions" provided on that page).
mjs

Post by mjs »

lakrsrool wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2019 2:17 pm
Dixon Butz wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2019 2:11 pm -1011 error
Note by clicking on the Webmail plugin link provided above you will see the following in the Webmail "Version History": "v4.5.6 (Jan 24, 2019) - Yahoo: Fix for -11 error and other issues...." (which would appear to apply to your Yahoo account error issues)

If you are not using the most current Webmail plugin version (actually v4.5.7) then you need to update your Webmail plugin to see if this helps with your error problems in Yahoo (there is a link to "installation instructions" provided on that page).
Again: This is why it is helpful to provide the entire "Error Overview" information (as requested above, not just the error) -- doing so would provide this plugin info and much more information for us that helps in analyzing the problem. We would then know if you were using this current Webmail Plugin when you provide this "Error Overview" info when getting an error using the Webmail protocol.

So Dixon -- can you please post what the Webmail version you were using when getting your Yahoo account errors?
Jeff
Admin / Developer

Post by Jeff »

WebMail v4.5.8 has been released to address the -1011 error with Yahoo. This update also supports the new Yahoo interface.

In most cases, the WebMail plugin will auto-update. For manual update, see:
https://www.esumsoft.com/products/pop-p ... atewebmail
Dixon Butz

Post by Dixon Butz »

Fixt TY
captqbec

Post by captqbec »

fixed Thank you! :D
captqbec

Post by captqbec »

Err0r 1011 fixed but now, my message received dates are all messed up...am receiving emails in queue to 2008 emails...lol :shock:

Please help
captqbec

Post by captqbec »

...actually got worst in past few minutes:

--- Version ---
POP Peeper: 4.5.2.0
Webmail: 4.5.8.0
SSL: 1.0.2.11
IMAP: 4.5.2.0
SendMail: 4.5.2.0

--- Error ---
*****Yahoo [3: Yahoo] ['imap.mail.yahoo.com' (993) SSL: 1] [WebSend: '' (0) SSL: 0] [consec: 1]
- Error: Try again later. (-11)

*****Yahoo [3: Yahoo] ['imap.mail.yahoo.com' (993) SSL: 1] [WebSend: '' (0) SSL: 0] [consec: 1]

***** Yahoo [3: Yahoo] ['imap.mail.yahoo.com' (993) SSL: 1] [WebSend: '' (0) SSL: 0] [consec: 1]

Dixon Butz

Post by Dixon Butz »

Working fine here on 3 accts.
Jeff
Admin / Developer

Post by Jeff »

captqbec -- I haven't seen any problems, either. What I suggest you try (this is a "do all" not a "try one or another"):

1) Log into the account(s) with your webbrowser; if you're automatically logged in, log out and sign back in (ie. so that you are prompted and enter your password). If anything out of the ordinary occurs (e.g. captcha or acknowledgement of something), this can prevent POP Peeper from accessing your account.

2) Clear the existing messages in these accounts. See this FAQ:
https://www.esumsoft.com/products/pop-p ... veFromList

If you still have a problem -- either logging in or with the display -- contact me via email (support at esumsoft dot com). If your Yahoo is in a language other than English, this may be relevant so let me know that, too.
captqbec

Post by captqbec »

...am fine now but dates are messed up.
mjs

Post by mjs »

captqbec wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2019 3:55 pm ...am fine now but dates are messed up.
Try this for one of the messages with a date problem:
1) In the main PP window -- right-click on the message and select "Remove from list" (this will remove the message from the accounts Inbox).
2) Next right-click on the account that had that message and select "Check Mail" (to retrieve the same message again).
3) After the "Mail Check" is done -- check to see if the date issue is fixed for that same message.
4) If the date is fixed you can do the same thing for all of the remaining messages that have date issues by selecting them all (hold down "ctrl" key and selecting each message is one way) and start over at step 1 again by right-clicking on any one of the selected messages and continue through to step 3.
Jeff
Admin / Developer

Post by Jeff »

If you still have a problem -- either logging in or with the display -- contact me via email (support at esumsoft dot com). If your Yahoo is in a language other than English, this may be relevant so let me know that, too.
captqbec

Post by captqbec »

By using imap instead of yahoo, the dates are fine. Did your fix and the date format shows up correctly now but still are not at their correct time frame.

For example, I bought something on amazon...the shipping email will be "earlier" than my original purchase time.

Meaning, they don't show up at the top of my newly received mails.

If using IMAP, all is fine.

Guess I'll use IMAP till it's resolved.

Language is English.

Thank you.