Yahoo Date/Time says "Printable view"

POP Peeper: Tech support, suggestions, discussion, etc.
rd4pp

Yahoo Date/Time says "Printable view"

Post by rd4pp »

Hi,

I'm running PP 4.5.2.0 with IMAP.

Starting today new messages came in with "Printable view" in the Date/Time column on one of my Yahoo accounts. I have three Yahoo accounts, but have not yet received any new messages on the other two.

I removed all messages from the list and re-ran Check Mail.

The new messages came back with the Date/Time correct, but all other messages except one came back with only the Date, no Time.

When I opened one of those messages to have it fully retrieved, its Date/Time changed to "Printable view".

Thanks,
Ross
Dixon Butz

Re: Yahoo Date/Time says "Printable view"

Post by Dixon Butz »

Same issue here with Yahoo server type.
spc3rd

Post by spc3rd »

Thanks for posting about the Yahoo issue, Ross and Dixon.

Although, I myself was not initially-experiencing the issue with either of my own Yahoo IMAP & Webmail accounts - until the update shown below - I have contacted Jeff about it. He & other members of The Esumsoft Team should be dropping-by at some point to look into the issue and provide additional feedback.

[UPDATE @ 11:30 a.m. EST]: I just sent a test message to myself (My Yahoo Webmail account), and am now getting the same problem you both have described. #-o
Global Moderator
mjs

Post by mjs »

Yahoo account tests using IMAP do not produce this result for me (which I sort of expected).

I've now sent 3 tests to a Yahoo account using the Webmail ("Yahoo") protocol and as of yet (after 25 minutes) all three (sent from different accounts) have not been retrieved by Yahoo (checking account on the web)... very weird :? ... still waiting.... will update if I get results for any of these 3 "Yahoo" protocol test messages.

Update (10:05AM): after waiting for over one hour for that account to retrieve the 3 test messages to no avail -- I've sent a test message to another Yahoo account using Webmail and did get the same result as described:
Printable view.png
Printable view.png (2.51 KiB) Viewed 6395 times
.... the date gets displayed as blank in the header info in read interface because of this.... I'm at a loss as to why the other Yahoo account is not retrieving messages (it has relatively recently for a little used account).
Last edited by mjs on Fri Mar 29, 2019 1:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Update post with results found
Good judgment comes from experience and a lot of that comes from bad judgment. - Will Rogers
spc3rd

Post by spc3rd »

I can confirm experiencing the same delay in Yahoo retrieving both new and forwarded emails from within PP.

When logging into the Yahoo account via Firefox, I did notice that NoScript did NOT show "oath.com" as being "Trusted". Once I changed it to "Trusted", the forwarded email was displayed in both the Yahoo account on-line, and subsequently retrieved by PP.
Last edited by spc3rd on Fri Mar 29, 2019 1:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Edited to correct the spelling of the NoScript item referenced.
Global Moderator
mjs

Post by mjs »

spc3rd wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2019 1:05 pm I can confirm experiencing the same delay in Yahoo retrieving both new and forwarded emails from within PP.

When logging into the Yahoo account via Firefox, I did notice that NoScript did NOT show "oauth.com" as being "Trusted". Once I changed it to "Trusted", the forwarded email was displayed in both the Yahoo account on-line, and subsequently retrieved by PP.
I stopped using NoScript about 2 weeks ago as it was causing browser crashes when logging into Gmail accounts on the web. I'm able to login to the account on the web without any request to accept the new TOS (which I would presume could be the cause of this one account not retrieving messages) -- so since I do not get a prompt to accept the new TOS I'm at a loss as to why this specific account does not retrieve messages (last retrieved message for this little used account was March 24). I have sent messages via PP as well as using another Mail Client using multiple accounts with nothing getting retrieved by the account (checking account interface on the web). What I think I'll do is set the account to IMAP and then switch back to see if this helps.
Good judgment comes from experience and a lot of that comes from bad judgment. - Will Rogers
Jeff
Admin / Developer

Post by Jeff »

Currently working on this. Actually, the "Printable view" issue is fixed, but there's another issue detected with getting the correct time. Haven't looked into compose problem yet.

And to top it all off, Excite made a change on their service recently, too. :roll:
mjs

Post by mjs »

^ follow up: Changed to IMAP -- no new messages so tests not retrieved. I authorized PP (Oauth2) and did get the message "New sign in on Pop Peeper" (so the accounts appears to be able to retrieve messages). Wait... SPAM epiphany! -- yep all test messages were going to SPAM folder #-o (interestingly not the case with other Yahoo accounts).... :? :roll:

Switched back to Webmail -- Now all incoming have same "Printable View" issue...
mjs

Post by mjs »

Jeff wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2019 1:26 pm .... And to top it all off, Excite made a change on their service recently, too. :roll:
Yep, I've noticed Excite has been broken for the last 30 hours -- was going to bring this up soon.
spc3rd

Post by spc3rd »

[CURRENT STATUS]

My Yahoo IMAP accounts display date/time properly in the Message List, and when the email is opened.

However, latest test email sent to the Yahoo Webmail account continues to display the "Printable view" wording in the date/time field in Message List, and NO date/time at all in the headers when message is opened.
Global Moderator
Jeff
Admin / Developer

Post by Jeff »

WebMail v4.5.10 -- fixes all known issues with Yahoo and Excite.

After updating -- to fix timestamp issues, you'll need to remove those messages and force POP Peeper to re-download them. Note that using the "re-download" method *may* not work 100% (it should fix the "printable view" but there *may* be a timezone offset issue).
Remove messages FAQ

POP Peeper should automatically update to the latest webmail version within the next 24 hours. However, if you prefer to force the update:
- From POP Peeper's main menu, select Help / About
- Make sure that both "Automatically check for updates" and "auto-update webmail plugin" are enabled
- Press the "Check version" button
- In some cases, it may be necessary to exit and restart POP Peeper

Let me know if you still have any problems.
Dixon Butz

Post by Dixon Butz »

Yahoo fixt ty!
rd4pp

Post by rd4pp »

I am using IMAP, not Webmail. Should I switch to get the fix?

Thanks,
Ross
rd4pp

Post by rd4pp »

Sorry, my mistake. I'm using Yahoo Webmail. I had been using IMAP. I forgot a switched!

I cleared my message list and re-checked. The issue is fixed.

Thanks,
Ross