How to synchronise IMAP accounts' sent folder with PopPeeper?

POP Peeper: Tech support, suggestions, discussion, etc.
gatakok

How to synchronise IMAP accounts' sent folder with PopPeeper?

Post by gatakok »

Thank you very much for developing the program.

When I send a message from PopPeeper using university POP3 account, I can't see the message in our web based mail page (Webmail)'s sent folder, but if I send the message from PopPeeper using Hotmail acount, I can see it at hotmail.com's Webmail sent folder. How can I synchronise POP3 accounts' sent folder?

My account setting for university is:
Server type:IMAP SSL/TLS
In coming server: University Server address Port:993

PS:In IMAP Folders section I can reach all the folders.
Last edited by gatakok on Thu Apr 18, 2019 1:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
GURCAN ATAKOK
Jeff
Admin / Developer

Re: How to synchronise POP3 accounts' sent folder with PopPeeper?

Post by Jeff »

POP Peeper v4 does not have the capability to upload messages to your IMAP's "Sent" folder, but a common work-around to this has been to BCC yourself so that you have a copy. You may be able to setup a server-side rule to move such messages to the 'Sent' (or another) folder, or you can manually move the messages (with POP Peeper if you have the Plus Pack or Pro).

POP Peeper v5 adds the capability to save your Sent messages (as first announced here). Bear in mind that this feature is not enabled by default, so once you have v5 you'll need to edit your accounts and tick the box for "IMAP: copy to sent folder" on the "Send Mail" page.

Also, just to be clear -- this feature is only available for IMAP accounts, not POP3. You mentioned POP3 in the title and message, but at the end you stated it was an IMAP account, so you should be fine -- I just want to point that out to avoid any future disappointment in case you are using POP3 or someone else reads this thinking it will work for POP3. The POP3 protocol simply does not have that kind of capability, which is why it requires IMAP.
gatakok

Re: How to synchronise IMAP accounts' sent folder with PopPeeper?

Post by gatakok »

Thank you very much for your reply. I changed the title from POP3 to IMAP, too.

We are looking forward to using POP Peeper v5 then.
GURCAN ATAKOK