mails out of DRAFT are not sent - no error mssg

POP Peeper: Tech support, suggestions, discussion, etc.
henry66

mails out of DRAFT are not sent - no error mssg

Post by henry66 »

strange: mailing mssgs out of all my 10+ accounts works fine. answering incoming mails too - all mails are sent within a second.

writing mails, or answering mails, and then putting them into DRAFT is a common way if i have to add something later, or need some second thoughts.

then sending them out of DRAFT worked fine till some weeks ago. only when now people kept complaining that they never received my mails, did i check more carefully, and kept B/CCing myself. nothing arrived, NOTHING. not at the recipients, nor in my own accounts.

there is no reaction or error mssg when i press SEND, it all looks normal - but nothing is actually sent.

and even stranger: those missing mssgs do show up in the SENT F11 folder !!!

any idea what could be wrong? SEND out of DRAFT must use the very same seetings of the account as does norma SEND or ANSWER, no?

greetings - heinz -
Jeff
Admin / Developer

Re: mails out of DRAFT are not sent - no error mssg

Post by Jeff »

Once you've re-opened the message from draft, there is virtually no difference in how it's sent. Be aware: if you're using PRO (with antijunk) when you BCC yourself, PP will hide the message by default; you can see hidden messages by showing hidden messages (main menu: "Messages" / "Hide hidden messages" should be temporarily unchecked; the same goes for "hide read messages" since the same rule will also mark these messages as read).

Is this something that you can consistently reproduce? ie. if you:
1) compose a message to yourself
2) Save it to draft and close the message
3) Re-open from draft
4) Send the message
-> will you receive the message or not?

If you don't get the message, then this will be easier to troubleshoot:
- If you perform the same test above, watch the status bar and see if PP attempts to send the message (make sure you perform the test when PP isn't already checking mail).
- We'll also be able to create logs on-demand

ALSO: have you checked the 'outbox' to see if the messages are pending (since you said that the message is in SMV, this would indicate a successful send, but it's always good to check).
henry66

Post by henry66 »

jeff, thanks for the super-quick reaction.

.. >> Once you've re-opened the message from draft, there is
.. >> virtually no difference in how it's sent

thats what i thought too, and thats how it worked till some weeks ago. and i do not recall having changed any settings.

.. >> Be aware: if you're using PRO (with antijunk)

yes i am.

.. >> when you BCC yourself, PP will hide the message by default

dont fully understand this. i have very often been BCCing myself, and nothing was ever hidden.

.. >> you can see hidden messages by showing hidden messages ...

those menu points are greyed out - have always been? have not checked too often.

.. >> Is this something that you can consistently reproduce?

absolutely. mssgs using SEND out of DRAFT go nowhere.

.. >> 1) compose a message to yourself 2) Save it to draft and close the message 3) Re-open from draft 4) Send the message

with or without any BCC to myself? once you tell me, will do immediately.

.. >> have you checked the 'outbox' to see if the messages are pending

yes, have done so - nothing there. the only place where all those missing mssgs are is in VIEW - MAILBOX - SENT F11

still lost - hope above and some followup will help.

what bothers me most: i have done all this for what feels like ages, and it always worked - why not now?

greetings - heinz -
mjs

Post by mjs »

Just one question ---- I was wondering if you have possibly made any changes to your computer (i.e. software changes or settings involving security software you have installed) as of the time this issue started with POP Peeper?
Good judgment comes from experience and a lot of that comes from bad judgment. - Will Rogers
henry66

Post by henry66 »

lakrsrool, thanks for coming in. no, not really. standard WIN7 updates, no security software installed but MS SEC ESSENTIALS - but have tried with disabled or turned on, same result. you might know from my previous posts: i really try everything possible, and rather thoroughly, before i bother you here in the forum.

if any such things would influence sending from PP, would it then not also stop normal SEND or REPLY? why only out of DRAFT?

greetings - heinz -
Jeff
Admin / Developer

Post by Jeff »

henry66 wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 5:35 pm .. >> 1) compose a message to yourself 2) Save it to draft and close the message 3) Re-open from draft 4) Send the message

with or without any BCC to myself? once you tell me, will do immediately.
Whatever it takes to reproduce the problem. I would just try putting your address in the 'to' field (not 'bcc'). If that works (ie. you successfully send and receive the email), then experiment with other things -- put your email address only in the 'bcc' field; put one email address in the 'to' and a different email address in the 'bcc', etc. If one method works and another doesn't, that would be very useful information to know.

henry66 wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 5:35 pm .. >> when you BCC yourself, PP will hide the message by default

dont fully understand this. i have very often been BCCing myself, and nothing was ever hidden.

.. >> you can see hidden messages by showing hidden messages ...

those menu points are greyed out - have always been? have not checked too often.
Sounds like you've disabled display filters (first item under the main 'Messages' menu).

One other thing -- have you exited/restarted PP and/or rebooted your computer since this problem started?
henry66

Post by henry66 »

... >>> Whatever it takes to reproduce the problem

where i noticed it first:

- account XXXXXX
- mail written to YYYYY
. BCC: XXXXXX and WWWWW (both mine)
. REPLY TO: XXXXXX
- moved to DRAFT
- SEND from DRAFT - vanishes and only shows up in VIEW - MAILBOX - SENT F11 - nowhere else

... >>> Sounds like you've disabled display filters

yes i have. the way i use PP, never found a reason to use them.

... >>> have you exited/restarted PP and/or rebooted your computer since this problem started?

yes, many times every day.

greetings - heinz -

PS: sorry, further followups tomorrow only - going to bed now - its 2am here.
Jeff
Admin / Developer

Post by Jeff »

henry66 wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 6:48 pm where i noticed it first:

- account XXXXXX
- mail written to YYYYY
. BCC: XXXXXX and WWWWW (both mine)
. REPLY TO: XXXXXX
- moved to DRAFT
- SEND from DRAFT - vanishes and only shows up in VIEW - MAILBOX - SENT F11 - nowhere else
Sorry, I'm not sure what you're saying. Are you saying that all these conditions are the minimum requirement necessary to duplicate the problem (ie. you tried sending a message only to yourself and it worked as expected), or are you saying that this is a sample of a previous message that exhibited the problem?

To be clear -- I want you to send a message to yourself to try to reproduce the problem; this will support your statement that it's consistent (because consistency makes troubleshooting MUCH easier) and it removes as many variables as possible (but if that doesn't exhibit the problem, then you need to add variables until the problem recurs).

Regardless, please send your reply via email (email address is under Help/About in PP) as I'll need to get some logs from you.