Recovering settings following Windows 10 repair

POP Peeper: Tech support, suggestions, discussion, etc.
ElectroDan

Recovering settings following Windows 10 repair

Post by ElectroDan »

So, a Windows 10 update screwed up my OS meaning I couldn't boot into Windows. After trying several possible fixes, I had to eventually reset Windows, choosing to keep my files. However, all apps have been unregistered so no longer work and require reinstalling.

As my files are intact, is there anywhere I can recover my PopPeeper settings from to avoid having to re-setup all my email accounts? Thanks!
spc3rd

Re: Recovering settings following Windows 10 repair

Post by spc3rd »

Hi ElectroDan,

While awaiting further review of your inquiry by other members of The Esumsoft Team, I have one question for you:

Do you by chance have the POP Peeper Plus Pack installed?

Best regards,
Global Moderator
Jeff
Admin / Developer

Post by Jeff »

The default location for POP Peeper data files is:
%userprofile%\appdata\Roaming\POP Peeper\

POP Peeper doesn't necessarily need to be re-installed to work. If POP Peeper is still located in:
C:\Program Files (x86)\POP Peeper\
then you can just run it from there (double-click 'POPPeeper.exe'). You will probably need to tell it to run POP Peeper at Windows startup again:
- POP Peeper main menu: Tools / Options
- On the "General" page, enable "Run POP Peeper at Windows startup"
(while here, if you had it enabled before: "Register POP Peeper as Windows email client")
ElectroDan

Post by ElectroDan »

Sorted! Thanks for the help guys.

I went to C:\Windows.old\Users\daniel\AppData\Roaming\POP Peeper, and copied the contents to C:\Users\daniel\AppData\Roaming\POP Peeper before launching Pop Peeper which then opened with everything intact and working.

Hopefully this might help anyone else that needs to repair Windows 10. I do have Pro and the Plus Pack but I guess this would work with any version.