Pop Peeper notifies me there is email but nothing is there.

POP Peeper: Tech support, suggestions, discussion, etc.
Roiscswa

Pop Peeper notifies me there is email but nothing is there.

Post by Roiscswa »

This is the error message I am getting. Any help would be appreciated.

--- Version ---
POP Peeper: 4.5.2.0
Webmail: 4.5.4.0
SSL: 1.0.2.11
IMAP: 4.5.2.0
SendMail: 4.5.2.0
Profile Picture: 4.5.0.0 (disabled)
AntiJunk: 4.5.0.0 (disabled)
Spell Checker: 4.5.0.0 (disabled)
Web of Trust: 4.5.0.0 (disabled)

--- Web Test ---
Result: 200
Error:
Time: 16:59:58 - 16:59:58 (0 s) (-0400)
Data: Fri, 21 Jun 2019 13:59:58 -0700

--- Error ---
Gmail [1000: IMAP] ['imap.gmail.com' (993) SSL: 1] [Smtp: 'smtp.gmail.com' (465) SSL: 1] [consec: 2]
- Error (Some messages could not be FETCHed Failure)
Jeff
Admin / Developer

Re: Pop Peeper notifies me there is email but nothing is there.

Post by Jeff »

I did a search on that error (the text comes from GMail directly, it's not an error that POP Peeper creates) and found this:
https://superuser.com/questions/14045/t ... ed-failure
which suggests that it's probably the result of a corrupted message(s) on the server.

There is some advice given in that link.

What I would suggest is that you move recent messages (it would be very helpful if you remembered the day that you started getting the error; or :idea: use the last message displayed in POP Peeper as a reference point) to another folder and then have POP Peeper "check mail" and see if the error still occurs.
Last edited by Jeff on Fri Jun 21, 2019 5:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: clarified that corrupted message is on the server
Roiscswa

Post by Roiscswa »

Thanks however that didn't work. I did as you suggested and nothing changed so I moved them back. Now all of a sudden they are slowly coming into pop peeper however the error message persists.
Jeff
Admin / Developer

Post by Jeff »

The method I provided was just a starting point to try to find which message might cause the problem. The goal being to move the offending message(s) out of the inbox. If POP Peeper was still reporting a problem, then the offending message(s) was likely still in your inbox.

If you compare the messages that gmail.com lists with what POP Peeper lists, are there any differences? ie. if there is a message on gmail.com that POP Peeper doesn't show, then move any such messages to a different folder.

I can try looking at your logs, but this may not yield a useful solution. At best, the logs will probably just tell us which Message IDs are having a problem, but it would be difficult to match up a message ID to something that you can identify the message with. But it may be worth a try if the above method doesn't seem to work. Logs can be sensitive, so email (support at esumsoft dot com) and I'll provide instructions for the log files.
Roiscswa

Post by Roiscswa »

Actually Jeff its now working normal. Not sure what happened but I am happy now. I gots to have my Pop Peeper ! Thank you so much for responding so quickly.
spc3rd

Post by spc3rd »

Hello Roiscswa and welcome to the Esumsoft Forums.

Glad to hear the issue you were having has resolved.
While awaiting Jeff's return to continue his follow-up with you...as our newest member, The Esumsoft Team requests that you please review the following Sticky:

Information for new users and forum members

The article contains important, helpful information which all members need to be aware of. If you have any questions or comments, feel free to let us know!

Thank you & welcome aboard! :)
Global Moderator