Quick Ques How to Automate Backup!

POP Peeper: Tech support, suggestions, discussion, etc.
techmanc

Quick Ques How to Automate Backup!

Post by techmanc »

well I just did a backup and I realized this my first backup this year and my other backups are few and far between so how can get these done automatically I didnt see that option with my quick look or if I cant do that how could I at least get a reminder so I can at least do rhe backups myself TIA!
mjs

Re: Quick Ques How to Automate Backup!

Post by mjs »

Go to "Help">"Contents" from the Main PP menu; select the "Index" tab and type "Backup/Restore" (press return) to get the the "Backup/Restore Utility" Help page. Take a look at the "Command Line" information on how you can automate Backups by specifying a command-line option.

I use Esumsoft's Aeris Calendar for scheduled reminders. :wink:
Good judgment comes from experience and a lot of that comes from bad judgment. - Will Rogers
Jeff
Admin / Developer

Re: Quick Ques How to Automate Backup!

Post by Jeff »

Just be aware that POP Peeper can't be running when you perform the backup (the various databases won't be able to be backed up, which may or may not really matter to you), which makes automated backups a little more complicated. The best solution may be to use something like AutoHotKey to have POP Peeper exit gracefully, then perform the backup, then restart POP Peeper.