Junk identified when no junk in list

POP Peeper: Tech support, suggestions, discussion, etc.
Philidor

Junk identified when no junk in list

Post by Philidor »

I upgraded to Pro yesterday. I have comcast and Outlook (hotmail).
I've been marking Junk and legitimate emails. The junk emails are deleted after I identify them. Every email shown on my list is green. But the flag shows red and according to the tool tip, I have 7 junk emails. I think all the emails I've marked are on the Comcast account.
Please advise.
Jeff
Admin / Developer

Re: Junk identified when no junk in list

Post by Jeff »

You can press the "Junk View" button on the toolbar to toggle between displaying "legitimate" and "junk" messages.

If you've already done this and it's still not showing the junk messages, then you can temporarily disable the display filters so that all messages are displayed and you can find the junk messages by looking for the red background. To do this:
Under the main 'Messages' menu, click on "Enable display filters"
This may help you to determine why the messages weren't displayed. For example, messages that appear in italics would normally be hidden.

Once you've processed the junk messages, you can re-enable display filters.
Last edited by Jeff on Thu Aug 01, 2019 12:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: typo
Philidor

Post by Philidor »

Thanks.
Junk View had to be added to the toolbar. I also added the Delete Junk button to save time.
The Help might go into more detail about how to set up the junk filter.
Thanks again.
Jeff
Admin / Developer

Post by Jeff »

I've reviewed the documentation and there is definitely a need for a page for the beginner. So I've added a "The Basics" page which provides three sections of information:
- Viewing Junk Messages ("Junk View")
- Training messages
- Smart HTML Viewing

It just provides very basic/concise information about each topic like the why's and how's (including how to add the appropriate toolbar buttons if they're not there).

Besides adding the toolbar buttons (which are usually on the toolbar by default, but certainly should have been in the docs in the event that they're not there), is that basically what you had in mind? Is there anything else specifically that you think should be mentioned?
Philidor

Post by Philidor »

Sounds like just what I needed to start.
Thanks for your time and attention and responsiveness.