Gmail won't open in browser

POP Peeper: Tech support, suggestions, discussion, etc.
paweterings

Gmail won't open in browser

Post by paweterings »

Gmail won't open in my browser, neither when I click "start email program", nor when I start "retrieve email".
Which settings do I have to use?
PS: Poppeeper does correctly retrieve the emails (as I can see in Poppeper itself) it just won't open gmail in my broewser (chrome)
mjs

Re: Gmail won't open in browser

Post by mjs »

So I gather that POP Peeper is working correctly and the problem is viewing messages in your Gmail account(s) on-line using the browser.

I'm a bit confused as to what the problem actually is however, perhaps other Esumsoft Support Team members can help clarify, but in the meantime please provide more details as to what you mean (what you are doing) when you say the following: "Gmail won't open in my browser, neither when I click "start email program", nor when I start "retrieve email"."

In other words -- what specifically is it that your are doing (i.e. the steps you are taking) when you do the two things highlighted above in red in order to get a better understanding of what the problem is that you are having. Sorry for the confusion on my part. :?
Good judgment comes from experience and a lot of that comes from bad judgment. - Will Rogers
paweterings

Post by paweterings »

When I click "retrieve email" I get a message if new email is found. When I click "start email program" nothing happens.
mjs

Post by mjs »

Please post respective screen-shots of exactly what it is that you are doing when you click "retrieve email" and when you click "start email program" (also be sure to redact all personnel information such as email addresses, subject etc. when posting). I'm still confused, in your first post you said "Gmail won't open in my browser" in any case clicking either of the two functions you have mentioned and now you are saying it is only when clicking "start email program" that "nothing happens" so it might help if you would provide specific screen-shots of what it is you are specifically doing in each of the two cases.
Good judgment comes from experience and a lot of that comes from bad judgment. - Will Rogers
paweterings

Post by paweterings »

I found the solurtion myself. In the poppeeperprogram>extra>settings>emailprogram I filled in
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe ; https://mail.google.com/mail/ca/u/0/#inbox".
Now, when I click "start email program" chrome starts with my gmail inbox.
Thanks for trying to help.
mjs

Post by mjs »

Glad to hear you've got it solved =D> -- so then you were apparently using either the POP Peeper "Open message in client" option under "File" in the message window menu or you have added the "Email Client" button on the POP Peeper main window Toolbar and were using that button -- which in either case is what you were describing as a click on the "start mail program". Got it! :wink:
Jeff
Admin / Developer

Post by Jeff »

paweterings -- Glad to hear you found the solution, but just as a side-note: if you had been using just a URL and it wasn't working, then that likely means that Chrome is not correctly setup as your default webbrowser. In Windows 10, you should be able to type and open "choose a default web browser" into the start menu and then make sure that Chrome is set. If it is already set, you can try selecting something else and then choosing Chrome again. This is not specific to POP Peeper, but may effect anything that needs to use your default browser (including POP Peeper).

Another side-note: I discovered that POP Peeper was always using the system-default webbrowser and not the user-specified webbrowser (as specified in PPtweaker/ Misc 2) when a URL is specified as the email client. This has been addressed for v5.0.