POP Peeper V5

POP Peeper: Tech support, suggestions, discussion, etc.
ECourts

POP Peeper V5

Post by ECourts »

My humble apologies if I am the n'th person to ask this, but the forum search function won't let me search for "V5" and I don't seem to be able to sort topics in chronological order to see if it's a recent discussion, but (the release of V4.5.3 reminded me :P )....

Any news on V5? It seems to be long in the gestation... I'm not cajoling, I'm just curious if there is a release in sight....

Many thanks, for an EXCELLENT piece of software, and for me a primary tool in my workbox.

Edwin
spc3rd

Re: POP Peeper V5

Post by spc3rd »

Hello Edwin,

The Board's search function requirements can be found towards the bottom of the Sticky topic below:

Information for new users and forum members

The Board will reject any search term less than 3 characters long, and also if it deems a word to be "too common" - which is exactly what it did when you entered "V5" to search for.

If you enter "version 5" as the search parameter instead, you will get a chronological listing of over 1100 topics in the Forums.

As for more info about the release of Version 5, I'll leave your inquiry open as Jeff or other members of the The Esumsoft Team may have comments about that.

Glad to hear you enjoy the POP Peeper program too!

Hope this helps, & Best regards.
Global Moderator
mjs

Post by mjs »

As far as when the official public release date might be -- I can't help unfortunately, but can refer you to the topic PP version 5 Release eta? on this subject where I've directed you to a specific comment that covers your question posted by spc3rd in regards to time-table estimates of future POP Peeper builds. All I can say on this is that Jeff is currently working on the Beta10 release for v5. Other members of the Esumsoft Team may have more to say on this.

In the event you have not previously seen some of the information available on version 5 -- here is a link to POP Peeper v5 sneak peep's that you might find interesting that includes some of the various aspects of v5 (one feature that does not appear to be included in the link is the very helpful Inbox "Search" function that will be included as well in v5 among others). :wink:
Good judgment comes from experience and a lot of that comes from bad judgment. - Will Rogers
Jeff
Admin / Developer

Post by Jeff »

Unfortunately, I really can't add much more to the conversation. All I can say is that I really do hope that the public beta is available soon [-o< It's getting there but it's obviously taking a lot longer than I would have hoped.
ECourts

Post by ECourts »

spc3rd wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2019 3:10 pm If you enter "version 5" as the search parameter instead, you will get a chronological listing of over 1100 topics in the Forums.
Did you actually look at the results of that search and find any reference to Software V5?
ECourts

Post by ECourts »

Jeff wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2019 5:53 pm Unfortunately, I really can't add much more to the conversation. All I can say is that I really do hope that the public beta is available soon [-o< It's getting there but it's obviously taking a lot longer than I would have hoped.
Sounds hopeful. Thanks!
(Patience is a virtue, but fortune favours the bold)
spc3rd

Post by spc3rd »

Hi again Edwin,

Yes...I did see the search results myself using the "V5" parameter you gave in your first post, and also using "version 5", then "Software version 5" as search parameters. The results for "version 5" and "Software version 5" are shown in the screenshots below.
(The Board rejects the "V5" search term as being too common).

Search using &quot;version 5&quot; as the search parameter
Search using "version 5" as the search parameter

Search using &quot;Software version 5&quot; as the search parameter
Search using "Software version 5" as the search parameter

Please keep in mind, the Board will search only for any topic/posts in the Forums which contain the specific terms you provide. It returns results based on that fact alone, and not whether the topic/post contains specific information about the upcoming PP version 5 release status.

Using the "Advanced Search" option, you can also indicate words/terms that you do NOT want to be shown as well. This may help narrow the results which are returned.

Hope this clarifies things a bit more.
Global Moderator