Different notification sound per account.

POP Peeper: Tech support, suggestions, discussion, etc.
marcomax

Different notification sound per account.

Post by marcomax »

Hello, I am currently using POPPeeper 3.8.1

I wanted to purchase the new version but trying it I found our there is no longer custom notification sound per account. It was an essential feature for me as I need to know if email is urgent or not.

I hope you will restore it in future updates.

Thank you.
spc3rd

Re: Different notification sound per account.

Post by spc3rd »

Hi marcomax and welcome to the Esumsoft Forums!

The option to play a specific sound for each account individually is still available.

To begin, we need to confirm that the "Advanced Options" box is check-marked. To do this - from the PP Main Interface, click on [TOOLS] > [OPTIONS] > General. You should now see a window similar to what is shown in the screenshot below:

Advanced Options box to checkmark
Advanced Options box to checkmark

* If the box shown in the red rectangle above is not check-marked, then mark the box now, and click [OK] at the bottom of the window to save the change.

(Check-marking the Advanced Options box is required in order to utilize certain functions/options in the PP program)

To ADD A SOUND FILE...

1. From the main interface, right-click the account you wish to edit in the Account List on the left side of the window.

2. Click on the "Advanced" option shown in the list on the left side of the screen.

3. You can now add whatever sound file you wish to use for the account in the New Mail Sound box shown.

** More information on adding a sound file to announce new email arrivals can be found within the POP Peeper Help files.
(Click on [HELP] > Contents, from the main interface).

After adding the sound file, be sure to click the [UPDATE] button at the bottom right of the window to save the change.

Please post back to let us know if this resolved the issue for you, or if you have any questions/comments.

As you are our newest member, the
The Esumsoft Team requests that you please review the following Sticky topic:

Information for new users and forum members

The article provides important information which all new users and Forum members should be aware of.
Do let us know if you should have any questions/comments.

Thank you and welcome aboard! :D
Global Moderator