Emails not showing in Message List

POP Peeper: Tech support, suggestions, discussion, etc.
Midnight1

Emails not showing in Message List

Post by Midnight1 »

Installed Pop Peepr yesterday and configured everything as required.

I get email alerts, then open the program. The amount of emails show on the left column next to each account, but
the emails themselves do not show where they're suppose to.
I have to open the email client to view them.

Any solutions would be appreciated.
Last edited by spc3rd on Fri Dec 06, 2019 10:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic TITLE edited to better reflect specific issue being reported.
If you think Experts are Expensive, wait 'til you see how much Amateurs will cost you!
spc3rd

Re: Emails not showing in Message List

Post by spc3rd »

Welcome to the Esumsoft Forums, Midnight1! :)

Sorry to hear of the problem you are having. To start, please do the following:

From the POP Peeper main interface, click on [MESSAGES] at the top, then [JUNK VIEW]. On the menu that appears, make sure "SHOW ALL" is checked.
If this is NOT the problem, then post back and let us know.

Other members of The Esumsoft Team will likely drop by and provide additional feedback for you as well.

In the interim, as you are our newest member, we ask that you please review the following Sticky:

Information for new users and forum members

The article contains important information which all new members should be aware of. If you have any questions or comments, please feel free to let us know.

Thank you and welcome aboard!
Global Moderator
Jeff
Admin / Developer

Post by Jeff »

If the messages are being evaluated as Junk (as per spc3rd's suggestion), you can just press the "Junk View" button to access them. You should mark any incorrectly evaluated messages as Legit (or Junk, as appropriate).

However, it doesn't sound like this is likely as you said that you received a notification for them, and you wouldn't receive notifications for messages evaluated as Junk. Did you change POP Peeper to retrieve number of messages only?
main menu: Tools / Options / Message Retrieval
In order to see any messages, the options need to be set to headers, preview or entire message (ie. not "number of messages").

It's also possible to change it on a per-account basis (edit the account, select the "Advanced" page).

Another possibility -- make sure that you're not viewing a specific account that doesn't have any messages. There's a dropdown above the message list that allows you to select a specific account to view; normally, this is set to *All Accounts*.
Last edited by Jeff on Fri Dec 06, 2019 1:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: correction
Midnight1

Post by Midnight1 »

Thanks for your reply, Jeff.

Did all that you posted, but although email counts appear in the left column next to the email accounts,
the emails (lists) do not appear in the right column.
I have to open my email client to read them.
I have gone through all the settings one by one, but to no avail.

I will keep playing around with the settings to see what happens. 😊
If you think Experts are Expensive, wait 'til you see how much Amateurs will cost you!
Jeff
Admin / Developer

Post by Jeff »

Under the main 'messages' menu is "Enable display filters" -- if you disable this, it will show all messages. This is intended to be used temporarily, so that you can figure out why the messages aren't being displayed (e.g. messages in italics means they're hidden; messages with a red background means they're junk).

Something else you can try -- create a new account using one of your existing email addresses and see if the new account works.

If you email me (support at esumsoft dot com), I'll provide instructions for you to create a log and that may help us to see what the problem may be.